Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

Kyle's Local Rambling thread [AUSTIN]

Old 06-26-2016, 06:48 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Kyle's Local Rambling thread [AUSTIN]

Who all went on the Double Gluttony drive? any pics?

i saw a SSM AP2 with an OEM hardtop in my west austin neighbor hood. thought someone must have stole my car. but then i realized it was bone stock.

any one got anything they wanna talk about?
Old 07-02-2016, 09:57 AM

http://austin.craigslist.org/ptd/5661416899.html

this car is bad. really bad
Old 07-05-2016, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Down the road in south austin. Trying to keep my S2k stock for now. Wish someone would trade my ccw or buy them so I could put money towards my SC fund which is currently empty LOL.

Which air pump delete did you do? I have p1415 which I got the car with and may just do the resistor not sure yet

Unrelated: Finishing my degree @ texas state
Old 07-05-2016, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by JeShUa
Down the road in south austin. Trying to keep my S2k stock for now. Wish someone would trade my ccw or buy them so I could put money towards my SC fund which is currently empty LOL.

Which air pump delete did you do? I have p1415 which I got the car with and may just do the resistor not sure yet

Unrelated: Finishing my degree @ texas state
You go to a great school! finest four years of my life. maybe.

you got your CCW on CL? i saw a set of 9.5+29 or something like that up for sale.

i did izzy's, was really simple. basically, i did some air box mods, f@#ked the vacuum routing for the secondary air injection valve and could never get it right. didn't feel like i needed an air pump or all the brass tubing either. would recommend. passes inspection no problem, ripped all that shit out. EGR valve is still there, its in the closed position unless activated, so i left it.

Omar, who guys by Shuluke on s2ki, is a North Austin s2000 owners that has a 04 with SOS SC that he is planning on getting rid of. you should PM when you get some funds.

spotted a GPW AP2 in lakeway at the post office and HEB. no front lip but factory rear spoiler. license plates was "YIIKES". nice car. but bone stock
Old 07-05-2016, 05:28 PM

There's no EGR in the s2k. That valve is for the air pump. It just opens to a passage through the head to the exhaust to help heat up the cat faster. There's almost no reason to remove the air pump setup. I was tempted to remove it to make room for a bigger water pump for the aftercooler but managed to make it all fit.

I'm selling my comptech supercharged 01 but I have no intention of parting it out. Bummed I never made it to one of the drives/dinners.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:08 AM

Yeah, I'll send him a message to see what he's thinking.

I sure am tired of all of the people with ridiculous offers for my wheels such as a straight trade for their curbed RPF1, just might have to upgrade here so I can sell them LOL.

I actually I just live in Hays county so emissions wont be so bad. I used to have a civic where it wasnt as fun come inspection time but I just cant have a cel.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by UberDuper
There's no EGR in the s2k. That valve is for the air pump. It just opens to a passage through the head to the exhaust to help heat up the cat faster. There's almost no reason to remove the air pump setup. I was tempted to remove it to make room for a bigger water pump for the aftercooler but managed to make it all fit.

I'm selling my comptech supercharged 01 but I have no intention of parting it out. Bummed I never made it to one of the drives/dinners.

i didn't know the correct term but yeah thats correct. thank god our stock exhaust manifolds dont have EGRs on them.

Originally Posted by JeShUa
Yeah, I'll send him a message to see what he's thinking.

I sure am tired of all of the people with ridiculous offers for my wheels such as a straight trade for their curbed RPF1, just might have to upgrade here so I can sell them LOL.

I actually I just live in Hays county so emissions wont be so bad. I used to have a civic where it wasnt as fun come inspection time but I just cant have a cel.
put them up for trade on s2ki, see what you can get. but yeah don't settle. yeah austin is pretty much the same for emissions on ODB2 cars. as long as the stock computer isn't throwing emissions related codes, your good.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:11 AM

Its a bit more lenient in hays, I dont think they hook you up to the machine, they just look at your dash . My last car wouldn't ready so I would have several trips before I could pass while living in travis county.

The thing that blows hot air lol. Probably going to get the other kit though since the izzy kit requires soldering and my solder broke in a move and the resistor just plugs right in.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:56 AM

Spotted a silver Ap1 w/ a CF mugen top and a J's type diffuser yesterday while servicing the South Trudys.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:08 PM

I don't know why, but I expected there to be a little more demand for s2ks in the Austin area.

Quick Reply: Kyle's Local Rambling thread [AUSTIN]