Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Something to make sure next time.....

Old 02-07-2003, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tonight with Mo and Quynh installing Q's intake, I had to run to Lowes, 2 minutes away, to pick up some clamps. I was passing a stop light that had several cars at a complete stop waiting for green light. I was going 45 and light turns green before I get close to the intersection, as I pass the intersection the people on the left barely get moving. A cop in the opposite direction sees and hears me fly by at 45, he circles the median and follows me to lowes. Radar never went off, as he wasn't even using his radar. I pulled at lowes and he turns on his lights and signals me. I pull over, he comes to my car and consversation goes very close to this:

Cop: Registration and driver's license.
Me: <while handing him the documents> What was I pulled over for, sir?
Cop: Speeding.
Me: How fast was I going, sir?
Cop: ABOUT 80.
Me: Can I see how fast I was going?
Cop: No.
Me: Sir, I'm allowed to see how fast I was speeding if that's what your going to write me a ticket for.
Cop: No it's for our protection.
Me: Well, then, can I call my friend, he's a cop and will let me know if i'm allowed to see.
Cop: Go ahead. <he walks to his car <quickly>, checks to see if it's indeed my car prolly>

During this 30 seconds, I call and talk to my friend, Sean, which he told me he suppose to let me see how fast to make sure that's what he writes me for.

Cop: <quickly heads back to my car, quickly hands me my stuff> says Drive Safely <heads back and leaves faster than any other cop heading to a donut shop>

All this occured in 4-5 minutes.

Moral of this is, don't ever be inferior or intimidated to getting a read out of how fast you were speeding. Cops like this are normal in Sugar Land.

Trung
Old 02-07-2003, 07:38 PM

yea, they're pretty bad. no place is worse than the meadows (little township right behind lowes theatre) or fulshear.

once in fulshear i was pulled over for going exactly the speed limit. the cop said i was speeding but never actually got me on radar, he did however clock a person passing me going 69 (speed limit was 70 ... i was going 70). i tried to explain to him physics didnt work like that ... he didnt seem agree and wrote me a ticket for speeding anyhow.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:55 PM

Originally posted by bluez
yea, they're pretty bad. no place is worse than the meadows (little township right behind lowes theatre) or fulshear.

once in fulshear i was pulled over for going exactly the speed limit. the cop said i was speeding but never actually got me on radar, he did however clock a person passing me going 69 (speed limit was 70 ... i was going 70). i tried to explain to him physics didnt work like that ... he didnt seem agree and wrote me a ticket for speeding anyhow.
Yeah meadows is bad, my friend lives there, and has received a few tickets. It's a PITA to pick her up for school each day.
Old 02-07-2003, 08:10 PM

be aware of that hwy6 between old richmond and hwy90.......
Old 02-07-2003, 08:41 PM

The only problem with this theory is that you don't have to be clocked to be written a speeding ticket. Speeding tickets have been around for much longer than radars. So, unless you were clocked by radar this doesn't do much for you.
Old 02-07-2003, 09:03 PM

Last I heard, if your are going to be written a speeding ticket, and (yourself) asks to see what the clock reads, you are allowed to take a look. Yes, I'm sure you can be written a ticket on a lot of things even if you didn't committ it.

Basically, what i'm saying is, know your right and it can help you in the end such as my case. If i didn't ask to see the radar, he might have wrote me up for 80 and given me a ticket and got away with it without using his radar. Whereas, I was quick on my feet, and that may have disrupted his point of giving a easy ticket.

-.02 cents