Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

I hate stupid people!

Old 03-10-2004, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was getting some ice cream after work, drove to the local Marble Slab Creamery, and parked in front of the building. Two empty spaces to my left, four empty spaces on my right, lots of empty spaces across the driveway. Another car is coming and parks to in the space all teh way on my left, so that there is now one empty space between us, and all the other empty spaces.

Another car arrives. Where do you think she (yes, it was a she; my apologies if I am not politically correct here) needs to park her car? Yes, you guessed right -- in between the my car and the other one. Needless to say she misses the turn and hits my S2000. B*tch!

Looks like I was "lucky" and she only hit the lower body panel. If you look at the last picture, note the difference between the left and the right rear tire -- she dented and displaced the entire panel. I'm hoping she did not hit the tire and that the axle did not get warped.

So... I guess I need to take the car to a body shop tomorrow to get an estimate. Is there anything in particular that I need to ask/look for? Obviously I will be getting a complete replacement -- original parts only (I don't think there are any after-market replacements, anyway). Matching the paint is going to be a pain.

Does anybody know if this will show upon a car-fax report or something similar? If this car does not count as "accident-free" anymore, obviously there is the matter of depreciation that I want to be compensated for.

Crap. And always at the most inopportune time when I am just about to leave town for a week...
Old 03-10-2004, 05:41 PM

Oh, and if anyone has any recommendations for where to take the car...???
Old 03-10-2004, 05:50 PM

Ugh I feel you I got hit less then two weeks after I bought my baby..... Old man bumped me from behind said he thought it was only $50 to fix the bumper LOL said his wife to him he shouldn't drive since he's been having trouble seeing. Good luck getting it fixed right. MAke sure they see you as a problem customer when you first talk to them. Tell them you need it to be perfect or else they will have to re-do it. That's usually enough to make them check there work but not always.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:32 PM

you already wrecked your car ulrich?!
Old 03-10-2004, 06:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

sorry to hear that Ulrich , that's one more S that's been damaged...what's going on here...
Old 03-10-2004, 06:34 PM

Sorry Ulrich but welcome to the club.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:37 PM

Sorry to hear Ulrich.

About carfax, I'm pretty sure if the insurance companies get involved then it will show on a carfax report. If the repairs are done without the insurance companys knowledge, then no carfax report is filed.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:50 PM

hey, at least you saw who did it and they can be held responsible. many of us have had damage done, and the perps drive away. I guess, you can at least be thankful for that much. Sorry to hear it happened though.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:19 PM

Any recommendations for a body shop? I'm probably heading to Goodson tomorrow for an estimate, or maybe John Eagle. Since I don't have to pay for the repairs, I can splurge on a Honda service department, I guess...
Old 03-10-2004, 07:24 PM

any body shop will use the honda replacement bumper that has a big "R" inside the bumper.. I went to Hi Tech Collision last week when I had my bumper replaced. They're located off gulf freeway... 1 exit past the monroe exit. Hope that helped some

Quick Reply: I hate stupid people!