Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Local Invidia Q300 Single Exhaust

Old 08-26-2014, 04:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local Invidia Q300 Single Exhaust

Greetings Houstook!

I am in market for a single 70mm exhaust and I think I may go with the Invidia Q300 single. However, I am a little worried about how loud it will be and I would really like to hear one in person before pulling the trigger. Is there anyone local who has one or previously owned a Q300 single exit? I know this exhaust is one of the newer released models. It is supposed to be much quieter than the N1 but I would like to hear one first hand before pulling the trigger.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saleach
Greetings Houstook!

I am in market for a single 70mm exhaust and I think I may go with the Invidia Q300 single. However, I am a little worried about how loud it will be and I would really like to hear one in person before pulling the trigger. Is there anyone local who has one or previously owned a Q300 single exit? I know this exhaust is one of the newer released models. It is supposed to be much quieter than the N1 but I would like to hear one first hand before pulling the trigger.
I didn't even realize there was a single made for this unit. That being said, most single 70mm are going to be much louder than a dual setup. The most quiet 70mm is probably the discontinued ASM stainless exhaust. The problem, a design flaw where the resonator would have to be replaced or rewelded due to rattling.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:02 PM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Why not go UK mod for quite stock exhaust? Be Safe, Be heard, Buddy Club Spec II
Old 08-26-2014, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by second2none
Originally Posted by saleach' timestamp='1409055474' post='23302189
Greetings Houstook!I am in market for a single 70mm exhaust and I think I may go with the Invidia Q300 single. However, I am a little worried about how loud it will be and I would really like to hear one in person before pulling the trigger. Is there anyone local who has one or previously owned a Q300 single exit? I know this exhaust is one of the newer released models. It is supposed to be much quieter than the N1 but I would like to hear one first hand before pulling the trigger.
I didn't even realize there was a single made for this unit. That being said, most single 70mm are going to be much louder than a dual setup. The most quiet 70mm is probably the discontinued ASM stainless exhaust. The problem, a design flaw where the resonator would have to be replaced or rewelded due to rattling.
Yeah, it's fairly new if not the newest invidia exhaust for the s2k. And yes, I am aware that 70mm are louder and I don't expect it to be as quiet as the Q300 dual, but single provides more gains and it is supposed to be much quieter than the previous invidia N1 single model. However, I have heard neither one.

Originally Posted by iridedumped
Why not go UK mod for quite stock exhaust? Be Safe, Be heard, Buddy Club Spec II
I am looking for a single 70mm to pair with a test pipe and a flashpro tune. I am not really interested in the upgrade for the sound so long as it doesn't wake the dead. I have heard it on youtube videos and it doesn't sound bad but I would like to hear it in person. Hell, I would like to hear any 70mm single in person just to gain perspective.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:18 AM

Have you consider the option below? Most likely loud but another new option.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/109...riced-to-move/
Old 08-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

I have no problem giving you a ride in my car. I have the buddy club spec II, and in my opinion it wakes the dead. I love it though.

If your interested here is the link where I bought it and send me a pm and ill give you a coupon code for a discount.

http://www.taegeukautowerkz.com/Budd...03-SP2EXAP.htm

Second2none posted the HKS, its a nice exhaust and sounds good. Its not as loud.

If I were to switch exhausts I would run with the J's Racing 70RR

Old 09-02-2014, 08:15 AM

Hey Guys,

Looks like it already sold :/

Yeah I looked into the Buddy Club, and it's not a bad option either. The only reason I was considering the Q300 single is that it is supposed to be slightly quieter than the other 70mm singles. But if hearing a 70mm in person is "too loud" im sure the Q300 single will still be "too loud." I want to still be able to hear my stereo and hands free.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:13 PM

Loudness can be modulated with the pedal. Droning on the highway I can't tolerate. Another single that is supposed to be quiet is the spoon single.

http://www.gotuning.com/product_info...oducts_id=1308
Old 09-03-2014, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by second2none
Loudness can be modulated with the pedal. Droning on the highway I can't tolerate. Another single that is supposed to be quiet is the spoon single.

http://www.gotuning.com/product_info...oducts_id=1308
Yeah, drone is something to worry about as well. The spoon is sick but I really want a 70mm at the cat/test pipe as gernby has shown it to yield the highest gains. Not only that but the spoon is pretty pricey. I heard a q300 dual on the street the other day and it sounded awesome! louder and deeper than stock buy not "rice" at all. I know the single would sound different but not sure how much.

Another member has the 5zigen single for sale. The sound of that exhaust is really good, but its only a 60mm. As far as rarity goes it would be a much more prized exhaust. The price is also comparable to the Q300 single new. Decisions decisions.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:00 AM

Only other options I can think of that are single are company brand types. Evasive, t1r, and challenge exhaust.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/109...reet-cat-back/

Quick Reply: Local Invidia Q300 Single Exhaust