Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

New NFR AP2 Owner, OEM+ build Insdie

Old 08-03-2017, 04:54 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts
Default New NFR AP2 Owner, OEM+ build Insdie

Hopefully this is ok in this section!
Backstory: I built a really nice LS2 FD Rx7 and sold it early this year. I was hellbent on buying a viper, I drove quite a few and to be honest i couldn't shake that DODGE feeling. Long story short I decided to go back to my roots, A Honda, I remember when i was 19 working at the Honda dealer selling cars and the S2000 was on the lot. I never really considered the car before as an adult, my last few projects were all more "serious" in my mind, Hondas were for kids. I started the quest for one and to make a long story short it was a frustrating 3 days driving all over Texas looking at Junk, and riced out cars. Every clean car I found was either suzuka blue or yellow, no offense to owners of those colors, its just not for me. Just has I had given up i was contacted buy the owner of the car who I had text first from the very beginning! We raced across town to find a beautiful NFR 2006, adult owned,garaged, perfect condition with a brand new Soft top! Haggling was kept to a minimum as I can appreciate a owner who takes the time to care for a car to this degree, and now I own IT!
So, my idea for this car a OEM+ platform, Full detail, Improved Interior styling, Supercharger, 70mm Exhaust with OEM style tips, OEM lip kit, Ohlin coil-overs, and possibly widened AP2V2 wheels with a good tire. I want a hardtop but I only want an OEM top so ill keep a lookout for that as time goes.
The previouse owner did a great job on the paint, but im a detail guy, im super anal about paint so i spent a couple days cleaning the car in-depth, sealing everything, and doing some maint.
Only issue with the car was a squeaky belt, I replaced the tensioner and idler bearings with Nachi 6203 C3 bearings and a Gatorback belt. After that i scrubbed the bay, changed the oil, POW.

Now its time to focus on the interior and wheels! I sent the seats to my Upholstery shop to add some flare, looking for an updated luxury look without any flash or rice POP. I love the way they came out, expensive, but nice. Ive decided to send the door cards and center console out next to get the matching quilt.

So that's where I'm at, Staying busy on it and Ill update this as i do, If anyone knows anything about widening an OEM wheel or can recommend a shop or size (don't want to roll fenders or modify anything AT ALL for wheels)
Thanks!
Old 08-03-2017, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's looking good!

I'm the husband of its prior owner. I will tell you that I was pretty surprised when she told me she was ready to let it go. I think she went through a few days of remorse after it left. Of course, now I'm getting pressure from her to sell my boat...

We're happy to see it go to an enthusiastic owner and we're looking forward to following along with your build. Thanks for sending the link.

Best wishes and good luck with it!
Old 08-05-2017, 01:45 AM

Good to see you on here^^^!!
seats came out great, Honda should have done something like this from the factory! Parts are in the mail, should have more soon.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:18 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Very nice!
Old 08-07-2017, 08:26 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Seats are player.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:42 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks really good. Interior is very clean!
Old 08-07-2017, 10:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

subbing, love NFR and OEM+ platform
Old 09-10-2017, 02:00 PM

Well I dodged a bullet with the flood, water came 1' into my yard, a lot of my neighbors were not so lucky! Anyway back to the build, compound buffed the front end, plate bracket removed, oem plugs installed, oem NFR lip! Wheels are out and stripped to the bare metal. I've always loved painted wheels, but I don't like dipped or cheap rattle can jobs, I had a few rash spots I've grinded out, once I finish prepping them they're going to the Honda dealer for paint. I originally wanted to paint them HFP gray but that color has a lot of bronze in it which I don't want. But this is a OEM+ build so I want to keep it in the family, so I picked Silverstone metallic for the wheels with a full high gloss clear, with Sebring silver "H" on the caps. I'll update soon.

^ A picture from the flood prep!
Old 09-11-2017, 10:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Who did the seat covers for you? Nice !!!!
Old 09-11-2017, 11:13 AM

Thanks, seats were re-foamed and reupholstered at a local mom-and-pop upholstery shop in Texas , Cosmes custom design. Taking my wheels to the body shop right now, this was a bitchhhh getting them stripped properly as the s2k wheels as you know are machined, so they had a spiral groove pattern on the face. I didn't want this, so I started with 80 grit and worked the faces down to 1200, this job is not for the faint of heart solely because of the time commitment! Got the wheels totally smooth after making a huge mess

This is the face after 120 grit, machine marking free.

All done!

Quick Reply: New NFR AP2 Owner, OEM+ build Insdie