Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

New NFR AP2 Owner, OEM+ build Insdie

Old 09-19-2017, 07:12 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Nfinitecc
Thanks, I figure it needs to look good to justify the cash under the hood, after the cars sitting back on the ground the only thing it needs is paintless dent repair for one little ding I found the other day then I'll start gathering the important stuff.
Awesome man, cant wait to see more.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:52 AM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Got my wheels back and I love them, my center cap logos should be here today, need to decide on the silver H or the black H. I'll have a lot of pics when I'm done. wheels are OEM Silverstone Metallic

Last edited by Nfinitecc; 09-21-2017 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:41 PM

Decided to go black after much indecision

Old 09-23-2017, 04:03 AM

After going for a ride yesterday I've decided the Swift spring / OEM shock combo is not what I need and not in line with a true OEM + build, so, I ordered a set of Ohlin's and the swift R springs and OEM shocks are for sale , 25 miles on springs.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:47 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Sick build. Keep it up! but if this is not your daily then why not a better tire? at least a 225/255 setup?
Old 09-23-2017, 09:12 AM

I don't want the headache for the minimal benefits, everyone says that a 255 will fit fine with a 15mm spacer but I don't buy it, maybe it works with more camber than I want and it doesn't rub 98% of the time. I rubbed once last night with a 245, I'm sure the Ohlins set up properly will reduce the squat, helping the issue, but I don't want to run excessive camber by any means, and I want zero modification to the fenders. For the spirited street use I've never been able to tell a huge difference in small size changes. Going 225 to 265 on my 6.0 FD, that I could definitely tell.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:04 AM

Mmmmm

Last edited by Nfinitecc; 10-01-2017 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:41 PM

I'm so pumped to get these on! Gonna spend some time pre-setting the height adjustment to match the swifts at 1.2 front and rear, hopefully I can nail it in one shot and match the current height since the car has already been aligned to the UK spec with the swifts installed, I may have to redo the alignment and eat another $100 bill but I couldn't wait I wanted to drive it to work last week which is a good drive each way.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:55 PM

Got the Ohlins Installed, after 200 miles and a lot of adjustments my overall impression is....eh.... feels like any other coilover I've had, the only way to get a comfortable ride allows too much crash and rubbing. I've settled on 12 clicks from full soft in the rear and 10 clicks from full soft in the front, it's a good suspension but for $2k I probably would have gotten the PSS9 instead.
But anyway! Installed a Odyssey 680 today, Installing my ballade TCT tomorrow.
Ive been talking with ballade about their carbon fiber OEM hardtop, I wanna get the top painted NFR and add a carbon splitter in front and carbon sides painted NFR with the leading edge exposed carbon, I think it will look OEM similar to the way BMW does their factory carbon.
Anyway, more updates to come!
Old 11-13-2017, 11:35 PM

Well I've been trying to find a OEM hardtop, I've made a few trips to see tops for sale. It wasn't satisfied with the condition of any of them, for 4K I want perfection. So I've strayed away from OEM+ a bit, but not really....I ordered a shine hardtop, I have an excellent custom body shop an hour away. I believe the shine hardtop if done correctly can still fit the OEM+ ticket given its rattle free, weather tight, trunk accessible. I'm in contact with a custom automotive glass maker in Houston, the idea is when the top arrives have custom auto glass made and installed vs. the tinted plexi it comes with. They say they can't say weather or not it can be done until the see the top in person, fingers crossed. The upholstery shop is going to match my seats diamond pattern in solid leather in a panel that will fit inside the hardtop. The body shop will fit, skim and block the top while attempting to flange the rear section. I'm working on a set of side diffusers now, more to come. The cost of the top with glass, custom fitting and upholstery destroyed my forced induction budget out of the water until next year. In the meantime I've been dialing in the Ohlins, they're getting more liveable! And I've continued to polish and wax almost obsessively, I'd say the paint correction is at 97% , I drove the car to work tonight, next update will have new parts.

Quick Reply: New NFR AP2 Owner, OEM+ build Insdie