Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Nominations for Houstooks Co-Community Organizer

Old 12-08-2008, 08:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Nominations for Houstooks Co-Community Organizer

As you guys already know, I have resigned as Co-Community Organizer of Houstooks and Chapter Director of Lone Star.

If anybody here is interested in the position, please post here. You MUST be a fully-paid member of s2ki and not just a guest. I will accept nominations until this Friday 12/12/08 10:00AM. Afterwards, we will put all candidates to a vote. Stratocaster has offered to step down as CO, so we may have 2 CO positions available. Even if there are only 2 candidates, Houstooks must have a vote of confidence for the candidates.

What does being a CO entail? You need to foster the Houston S2000 community. As a leader, you should encourage members to get together whether it's a car-meet, a car-show, an autocross, a track event, etc. You should go beyond the boundaries of s2ki & your S2000 and interact with the other 3 Houston S2000 groups and other different car clubs. You will also moderate and manage the Houstooks forums, assign/unassign Houstooks badges, and interact with other COs if you need help. You'll follow a line of past COs including myself, Stratocaster DSF_S2K, Coop, and joe_s2k (can't recall if Wes or Mo was a CO or not).

There is already one candidate who has indicated interest for this position, Skyler (second2none). If anyone else wants a shot, please post in this thread.

CANDIDATES:
1) second2none
2) Alleykat
Old 12-08-2008, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like fun.

I wouldnt mind doing it since im on here way more than I should be already.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alleykat,Dec 8 2008, 12:39 PM
Sounds like fun.

I wouldnt mind doing it since im on here way more than I should be already.
Either Alex or me would be ok. We actually bounce ideas off each other for some of the meets. I was going to try to get a little get together before Christmas out at first colony square since they have the lighting up now.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:27 AM

I vote for Skyler! I'll just be his on the side helper.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by alleykat,Dec 8 2008, 12:27 PM
I vote for Skyler! I'll just be his on the side helper.
I'm confused, so you want to be a candidate or Skyler's bitch?
Old 12-08-2008, 09:55 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

He needs to toss his hat in the ring. If they both want to do it, I will be happy to step down as well. Not like it is a lot of work, but as a team they should be great at it. They are the two most active posters here anyway. Now they can clean up after themselves (j/k)
Old 12-08-2008, 10:19 AM

i vote for alex and skyler woo
Old 12-08-2008, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Stratocaster,Dec 8 2008, 01:55 PM
He needs to toss his hat in the ring. If they both want to do it, I will be happy to step down as well. Not like it is a lot of work, but as a team they should be great at it. They are the two most active posters here anyway. Now they can clean up after themselves (j/k)
TOM THROW MY NAME IN THEN!!!

We are already coming up with some changes.And 1st thing would be getting a much better looking Houstooks badge!
Old 12-08-2008, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by alleykat,Dec 8 2008, 01:28 PM
TOM THROW MY NAME IN THEN!!!

We are already coming up with some changes.And 1st thing would be getting a much better looking Houstooks badge!
Done

Before changing the badge, I would HIGHLY recommend that you put the change to a vote. It would be up to you how you would want to do this. More than likely, every Houstook would have to be debadged in order for this to happen, but I would support such a move.

When I was VP of Lone Star, Lisa wanted to change the Lone Star badge, but that caused a lot of stir and the Lone Star members voted that down. And of course you recall how Eddie and Trung got pissed off when I threatened to debadge inactive Houstook members/guests.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We'll definitely put up a vote of at least three new choices for badges to all houstook members prior to any change. No recounts and votes will be processed electronically,

Quick Reply: Nominations for Houstooks Co-Community Organizer