Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Nov-7-8 Drivers edge event and S2000 meet at Texas World Speedway! Save the Date!

Old 09-16-2015, 05:24 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

little more than 7 weeks away!
Old 10-16-2015, 09:25 AM
Community Organizer

3 more weeks!
Old 10-22-2015, 09:19 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

For future reference - are stock S2000s (sans rollbars) allowed at Drivers Edge events? I broomstick tested myself and I don't come close to passing, even without a helmet. With a broomstick on the windshield, it's on top of my head with a good 3" above the rear roll hoops.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:48 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by solitarycheese
For future reference - are stock S2000s (sans rollbars) allowed at Drivers Edge events? I broomstick tested myself and I don't come close to passing, even without a helmet. With a broomstick on the windshield, it's on top of my head with a good 3" above the rear roll hoops.
All Convertibles are required to have either OEM/Factory Rollover Protection or
approved aftermarket roll over protection that is 1” higher than the driver's helmet
while seated in a normal seating position.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:49 PM
Community Organizer

Buddy club makes a low seat rail for tall folks. it may be something to look into.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the 1" above the helmet rule is only for aftermarket rollover protection. OEM should be fine.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:07 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by cyberiumc0re
I believe the 1" above the helmet rule is only for aftermarket rollover protection. OEM should be fine.
Thanks for the input Cybermcorp.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The full policy:

approved aftermarket roll over protection that is 1” higher than the driver's helmet

A simple Height Test involves taking a broom stick and level attached to the broom stick and laying the broom stick on top of the vehicle's "Rollover Protection" while level and seeing that you are an inch below the broom stick while in a normal driving position with your helmet on. Note: in some cars the windshield frame (A pillar) is reinforced factory roll over protection. (see below)

Details on Rollover Protection:
Double and Single Roll Hoops, Factory POWER Hard Tops, "A" Pillar Rollover Protection and Factory Rollover Protection Systems (Pop-Up Roll Bars) are all approved as long as they are "factory documented rollover protection" and are above the height requirements. (see above) Note: single side rollover hoops are only allowed if the driver is solo approved by Drivers Edge and does NOT have a passenger.
My reading of this (especially the bolded part) is that even factory rollover protection (like the S2000) has to pass broomstick as well.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:10 AM
Community Organizer

The full policy:

A simple Height Test involves taking a broom stick and level attached to the broom stick and laying the broom stick on top of the vehicle's "Rollover Protection" while level and seeing that you are an inch below the broom stick while in a normal driving position with your helmet on. Note: in some cars the windshield frame (A pillar) is reinforced factory roll over protection. (see below)

Details on Rollover Protection:
Double and Single Roll Hoops, Factory POWER Hard Tops, "A" Pillar Rollover Protection and Factory Rollover Protection Systems (Pop-Up Roll Bars) are all approved as long as they are "factory documented rollover protection" and are above the height requirements. (see above) Note: single side rollover hoops are only allowed if the driver is solo approved by Drivers Edge and does NOT have a passenger.
My reading of this (especially the bolded part) is that even factory rollover protection (like the S2000) has to pass broomstick as well.

if youre a large and or tall fella or lady. I would try out the BYS lowered seat rail for the factory seat. I really do think you will gain 2"+ maybe more.

Old 10-27-2015, 05:13 AM
Community Organizer

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...S2000-INTERIOR

Just read Evasive's website, looks like it drops you 20mm I think 24.5 is one inch. its to early to conduct to much research.

Let me know if I can help.

Also if you go to Deftmotion.com and use coupon code E5garage you get 5% off.

Quick Reply: Nov-7-8 Drivers edge event and S2000 meet at Texas World Speedway! Save the Date!