Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Anyone with experience at The Hondew Shop?

Old 10-12-2004, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with experience at The Hondew Shop?

Hondew is an independent Honda repair shop in Dallas (near 635 and 75 close to TI). I know a guy who is a tech there. I think they are all Honda certified techs and work only/primarily on Honda and Accura cars. I was just curious if anyone here has used them for any work in the past and, if so, what there experience was like.

My good friend, who now drives my '87 Integra, uses them and has been really happy with there work. I thought I might ask them about being a Club sponsor if others are interested in a shop that could do good work at better prices than the dealers.

The guy I know there (through my friend) is going to help me this weekend with the installation of the AEM CAI that I recently bought from TypeSH. I'll ask him about it then. I just wanted to make sure that nobody here had a bad experience there before I suggested it.

Clovis - can you let me know what the guidelines are for Club sponsorship in terms of offering Club members discounts, etc.? Can you provide info on membership numbers so I can dangle that out there? As an independant shop I'd guess that they would be up for some additional business.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do they do alignments? That is about the only thing I need right now.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedxRacer,Oct 12 2004, 08:17 PM
Do they do alignments? That is about the only thing I need right now.
According to their web site www.thehondewshop.com they do...

"WE NOW DO COMPUTERIZED FOUR WHEEL ALIGNMENT!!!"

Keep in mind that I do not yet have any personal experience with them so I am in no way making a recommendation. My friend has had good experiences there but that may only be because the guy that works on his car plays soccer with him and they are friends.

The reason for my original post was to make sure there were not any negative experiences from othere Members. They have been in business since 1986 and have a clean BBB rating so that looks good. However, I would never give my thumbs up until I had experienced it myself.

I'll check with Scott this weekend about what they would be willing to do for alignments (I need one too) and if they offer any kind of warranty on them. I'll let you know what I find out.