Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Camping out for the Playstation 3

Old 10-24-2006, 06:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Camping out for the Playstation 3

Im starting a group to camp out at Best buy for the Playstation 3. If anyone is down, which i doubt lol, let me know. I have this well organized and planned. Camp will start on the 15th or 16th and the release date is 17th of November. I know some of you are thinkning im crazy and doing this just for a gaming console. Im acually doing this for $1000+ profit. I dont even play console games, I want the money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I just think it would be fun camping out as a group. My apt will be near by so we will have a place shower and use restroom. PM me if your crazy enough.

Remember, Noone is getting a playstation before Christmas unless you stand in Line. NOONE, not even Santa Clause. This will be 5 times more crazier than Xbox 360. Theres people out there with money that will pay anything to give thier child a Playstation 3, even if its $3000.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've read scuttle that these will be available for pretty much anyone who wants one at the first of the year. sony will not allow the 360 debacle to happen again.

the profit potential will probably be there, just not for long in my opinion.

besides, there are much better investments out there with bigger returns! go buy a house right now and flip it if you want to make some money. a grand is chump change on a house sale.

Old 10-24-2006, 07:20 AM

Please this dont appy to you donhill, obviously you are pretty well off. The PS3 will NOT be plentyful at the beginning of the year. Ive done tons of research on this so I know exacly what im doing. Only 400,000 units are shipping from Japan on Release date. Best Buy, fry's, Wal-Mart, Target, Gamestop/EBgames, and Circuit city will have few of them. Each store will only get about 5-10 units, some stores wont even get any. There's nothing Sony can do for this Supply and Demand.

.02 cent to me is chump change. $1000 to me is not chump change.

Oh and im buying a house on my own next year by the way. =)

http://search.ebay.com/playstation-3_W0QQf...ssPageNameZWLRS
Old 10-24-2006, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by XLeezardx,Oct 24 2006, 10:20 AM
Please this dont appy to you donhill, obviously you are pretty well off. The PS3 will NOT be plentyful at the beginning of the year. Ive done tons of research on this so I know exacly what im doing. Only 400,000 units are shipping from Japan on Release date. Best Buy, fry's, Wal-Mart, Target, Gamestop/EBgames, and Circuit city will have few of them. Each store will only get about 5-10 units, some stores wont even get any. There's nothing Sony can do for this Supply and Demand.

.02 cent to me is chump change. $1000 to me is not chump change.

Oh and im buying a house on my own next year by the way. =)

http://search.ebay.com/playstation-3_W0QQf...ssPageNameZWLRS
<---- unemployed. no income whatsoever. broke.

i didn't mean that in a condescending way. i was just saying that there are other ways to make some money that don't involve a 9 to 5. also, if you re-read what i said, i said that a grand is small time in a house sale...not in my everyday life.

back on topic.... not many of those auctions have bids, but if you can get a grand out of the deal, im jealous. i may have to camp out with you....i had a looooong, credit card filled weekend!
Old 10-24-2006, 08:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

A friend of mine already made me camp out at gamestop for a preorder so now I dont have to camp out at best buy. woohoo
Old 10-24-2006, 08:21 AM

Ebay is removing alot of the Pre-order sales and most of the autions you do see there are pre-orders. If you click on completed sales, you will see alot of people have bidded already. I predict that the first day is where the sales will be. Some people would rather see proof thats its on hand. Pre-ordering isnt even Guaranteed you will get one on release date.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by downhil,Oct 24 2006, 07:41 AM
<---- unemployed. no income whatsoever. broke.

i didn't mean that in a condescending way. i was just saying that there are other ways to make some money that don't involve a 9 to 5. also, if you re-read what i said, i said that a grand is small time in a house sale...not in my everyday life.

back on topic.... not many of those auctions have bids, but if you can get a grand out of the deal, im jealous. i may have to camp out with you....i had a looooong, credit card filled weekend!
sorry man lol. I get what your saying now.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There aren't any PS3 games that excite me. When GT5 comes out in 2008, then I'll consider getting one. Hopefully, by then, the price will be more reasonable.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by mxt_77,Oct 24 2006, 08:27 AM
There aren't any PS3 games that excite me. When GT5 comes out in 2008, then I'll consider getting one. Hopefully, by then, the price will be more reasonable.
I would never stand in line just to buy a Playstation 3, not even for GT5. Thats Insane.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by mxt_77,Oct 24 2006, 08:27 AM
OOOOOH YEEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Camping out for the Playstation 3