Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Car washing with Stage 3 restrictions

Old 11-28-2006, 07:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car washing with Stage 3 restrictions

I live in Murphy and we are under Stage 3 restrictions still, which means because of my address #, I can only wash my car on Friday nights. I am almost never home at that time and wondering what do you guys do to wash your car? Is there a S2K friendly car wash place near Plano/Richardson/Wylie/Murphy/Sachse/Garland/Parker ? (I am near all of these towns).

PS=> Also car is still up for sale ($16Kobo, 68Kmiles, Suzuka Blue, stock except for Honda 6 disc changer and only K&N filter)
Old 11-28-2006, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TxRedHot recommended www.detailtosell.com He did a great job on her car, I believe he brings his own h2o, power, etc...and comes out to you!

I also use Rubber Ducky in Richardson, they do a hand wash for around $20, nice job (they also send out $5 coupons sometimes). http://www.rubberduckycarwash.com/

I'm looking forward to this crap to be over with...in Richardson we can't even wash our own cars, at least you get Friday nights.

I'd be interested on what others do to get around this...
Old 11-29-2006, 08:31 AM

I've washed my car in my garage before. Not to get around this but when I was in an apartment that didn't have facilities. Get a few buckets & eliminate the hose. Just make sure your garage floor is sloped.

If you don't have a garage, you could always buy bottled water (not that expensive) & use buckets and just show the bottles if the water police come by. Not sure what the letter of the law is, but I can't believe that wouldn't fly.

I used to wash my car with no more than 5 gallons that way. Worked pretty well.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, check the city page to see what the restrictions are. I think you can bucket wash... you just can't use a hose. Sounds stupid, but I think that's the way it works.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by mxt_77,Nov 29 2006, 09:55 AM
Yeah, check the city page to see what the restrictions are. I think you can bucket wash... you just can't use a hose. Sounds stupid, but I think that's the way it works.
yeah... that's the rule in McKinney... it's stupid because I wind up using more water to get it rinsed than I would with a hose. But I guess discourages enough people that we get an overall savings for the area....
Old 11-29-2006, 10:36 AM

I've washed it once since the restrictions with a bucket... though I was using the hose to fill the bucket...

My poor car needs a bath BADLY.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:43 AM

Also, it might be discouraged, but you can just take a bucket, soap, and some towels to a spray off car-wash and wash it yourself there. I did that occasionally when I lived in an apartment. Just take it easy with the high-pressure sprayer around the soft-top seals, etc.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:19 PM

http://www.murphytx.org/pn/water4.asp

unfortunately, I don't think I can bucket wash.... but I may just do that inside of my garage anyway.... I did it in the past when living in the northeast (washing a car outside when it is 20 degrees outside is not a good thing !)

Thanks all for the replies.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:30 PM

Drive over to Wylie and wash there.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:23 PM

I live right on the border of murphy and plano county. However, our house is in the plano. According to their website, carwash are not regulated and so it's ok for us to wash our car anytime of the days

Quick Reply: Car washing with Stage 3 restrictions