Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Dallas Auto Show Weekend

Old 03-26-2001, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to Clovis for the free show tickets and arrangements this weekend. We had a good turnout for what appeared to be an otherwise miserable, wet Saturday. The group met at Texadelphia for lunch followed by a group drive to the Mockingbird Light Rail station. Clovis took the lead and showed us the proper launch technique for rain slick streetcar rails. As we followed we could see that his car was actually off the street riding the rails much of the time. Our car didn't care for the rails too much and wiggled off and on in protest as we followed.
Once at the station we traveled by train to the convention center. The train was a new experience for some (myself included) but most in the group seemed to know their way around by rail.
At the show we broke into smaller groups and saw what the industry had to offer. Everything from Aston Martin to Lincoln Pickup trucks were on display. The NSX, Viper, 911 and of course, S2000 were visited along with so many others.
I personally lingered a while to see the two Joest Audi R8 LMP cars. I hope the pictures come out including our very cold and wet group shot.
The event was definitely the high point of my weekend as I spent the rest of it working as usual.
Be sure to post your experiences since many of us wandered off during the show. Good job Clovis, thanks again for the tickets and your efforts to get us all to the show. As a Fort Worth resident I would have been completely lost otherwise.

Stefan
Old 03-26-2001, 11:51 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks to all who weathered the event. For those who asked for a ticket and decided to stay home.....maybe we'll see you next time.
Old 03-26-2001, 12:10 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Clovis
[B]Thanks to all who weathered the event.
Old 03-26-2001, 12:17 PM

Sorry we missed you Kirk. I would have loved to see your long awaited silver stook. Once the weather clears we'll have to do a drive. How long till VTEC time?
Old 03-26-2001, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by svann
Sorry we missed you Kirk. I would have loved to see your long awaited silver stook. Once the weather clears we'll have to do a drive. How long till VTEC time?
hehe.. vtec time was umm.. last monday or tuesday.. i've already racked up 1800miles. she's beautiful can't wait to show her off.

i'm going to austin this weekend for the big texas stook get together anyone thats going.. we should meet up and all cruise down in a pack.. hopefully someone has a valentine1.. my temp radar detector isn't too effective.

also, i'd like to find a deserted back road and see how big a difference in power there is between a more broken in s2000 and mine.
Old 03-26-2001, 08:52 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Clovis
[B]Thanks to all who weathered the event.
Old 03-27-2001, 06:52 AM

The tickets were much appreciated Clovis. We had a great time and it was fun meeting some more of the follow S2K'ers. See you all at the next event. I think the CL 55 AMG was one of my highlights. I hardly ever see those on the road. We did see a ML 55 AMG at Micro Center on the way home. Thanks again Clovis for the tickets.
Old 03-27-2001, 04:09 PM

When's the next get together? I might not have my stook next time because tomorrow I'm going to order some parts and stuff and hopefully get them put on within the next month but I still need to get to these things. RL sucks I need to only have my STOOK LIFE!
Old 03-27-2001, 04:11 PM

Originally posted by skitz
When's the next get together?
The next "planned" event is this weekend's Austin trip. Please see the posts in this section, meets and events and the central texas forum for more details.
The following Friday there will be a daytime event at TMS:Bridgestone Drive & Learn.
Old 03-28-2001, 04:14 AM

Stefan,

Do we have any additional info. on the Bridgestone Drive and Learn? I haven't heard anything about it since we put our names on the list.

Quick Reply: Dallas Auto Show Weekend