Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

I'm finally going to production with my exhaust!

Old 07-19-2012, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Gernby! That build quality looks amazing!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I haven't done a good job maintaining this thread. If any of you guys want to see more current info, please subscribe to this one. I've posted more info about drone levels between the different setups (with graphs) and have been updating it with info about the other mufflers I've tested with the mid-pipe. Yesterday I tested my mid-pipe with the stock mufflers, and it performed very well. The torque curve is identical in shape to the 3" muffler I used in the dyno test in post 1. I wouldn't know if the peak numbers are the same without actually going back to the dyno again.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, I wonder how much gain I could achieve with a spoon n1 single
Old 09-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jdmjunkie562
Nice, I wonder how much gain I could achieve with a spoon n1 single
The muffler really has little to do with the performance, so it would make about the mid-pipe makes about the same gains with anything.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't seen a commit on the purchases, so please put my name on the top of the list.Like Christmas early.

After testing this (see the dyno graphs on the main thread) the change is just what is needed to enhance the DD experience. Looking to see how it handles some track time next week.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:20 AM
Former Sponsor

It's been forever since I updated this thread ...

Some of you may know that I'm currently offering my second group buy for my mid-pipes, and only have a couple left. I don't have any plans to offer a 3rd group buy, since demand isn't high enough to achieve "scale". However, I built my first "near production" version of a full exhaust system, which includes my mid-pipe, and am considering offering that as a product. I believe there might be enough demand for a full system that I could make it profitable.

This system will go to Driv300MPH in about a week, so if anyone wants to meet up to go for a ride or hear it in person, let me know ASAP. I will also have it at the NTAXS autocross this weekend.

Here are some pictures of the full exhaust (minus tips). The video makes it sound louder than it really is. It has an aggressive tone, but it's very quiet, and is the first exhaust that I would say has no drone (according to my Drone-O-Meter).

Top View:

Bottom View:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJR465jD20o[/media]

Here is a comparison at WOT from the Invidia Q300 with OEM cat, Q300 with Gern-Pipe, and the new Dingle.

Here is the same comparison using an electronically limitted throttle to simulate achieve a "cruising load".
Old 01-24-2013, 05:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running a T1R sparrow dual with a Comptech super charger, have you tested any FI set up yet?
Old 01-24-2013, 05:49 AM
Former Sponsor

It would work well with the T1R sparrow, but I haven't tested it on an FI setup yet. However, I suspect that anything you do to increase scavenging in the exhaust system will be counter productive in an SC setup.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you pls post some pics of it on the car?

How much for the full exhaust and how much for just the midpipe? (I already have a Greddy/GoTuning dual 70mm catback)
Old 01-24-2013, 06:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Since the last ~5" of the exhaust pipes haven't been built, I just did a half-assed job tacking on some temporary pipes and slid the OEM tips over them. I'll take a picture at lunch, but they aren't perfect. If not for the fact that the tips are a bit uneven and crooked, most people would assume the exhaust is stock based on appearance.

The midpipe alone is currently available for $1100 + sales tax for local pickup or $1200 shipped. I don't have an estimate for the muffler section yet, but I would love to be able to offer the full system for around $1800 shipped.

If you have the Greddy SE dual, which has unequal length piping after the Y, then I don't think it is the best choice to mate with my mid-pipe. The performance is great with the SE, but the piping eliminates the reduction in drone that my pipe provides with equal length piping (like the T1R Sparrow or Invidia Q300).

Quick Reply: I'm finally going to production with my exhaust!