Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

January meeting topics/agenda

Old 12-29-2000, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is some business to discuss at our next meeting. Additionaly there are some things to address prior to the meeting.

In response to Clovis: We do have a mailing list and must contact some of these individuals because not everyone has an e-mail listed. As far as anyone being a dues paying member, we need to determine if last years membership should be prorated or if we all start fresh this year with annual dues. Much of this is spelled out in the club by-laws.
At this point I've been concentrating on re-establishing some form of club activities in hopes of generating the necessary interest to continue the club. I feel we are off to a good start and the time to discuss the actual organization of our club has arrived. I am heartened that a core group of individuals has taken an interest in organization as well as event participation.
More to follow...

Stefan
Old 12-29-2000, 07:11 PM

Personally, I don't mind starting over. It's basically a new group. Maybe we can use the old dues to get things started.
Old 01-02-2001, 08:26 AM

I'll be there.

Agenda Items: Organization and Officers (Note: I have been a pitiful Events Coordinator since I changed jobs and now travel to Houston 2-3 days a week.) I like the way the events have become more regular and social. If we expect to have a track event every month, we'll never get it done and will probably run off the casual enthusiast.

Regards,

Al
Old 01-03-2001, 06:54 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I tend to agree with Molly, maybe we can use the old dues to get the club going again and just start over. Not sure how much there is but we may need to snail mail/e-mail old members, get our web site going, sponsor a track event in the Spring, etc. Al, I don't know that we would want to do a track event every month either. Not only would that get expensive but like you said it may scare off the casual enthusiast. A social meet every month (dinner/tech/session/detailing/driving), a track event quarterly, and maybe a drivers training course once or twice a year. If we could manage this our first year I think it would be a success.
As far as this meeting goes, let's call some officers, and pass out a copy of the by-laws to the new officers. See you guys there. Dave
Old 01-03-2001, 03:39 PM

I believe cdelena was the last remaining officer. I could be mistaken. We have been looking for some individuals to serve as club directors. Many wish to participate but few have been interested or have the time to serve. We need a treasurer and events coordinator for track events ASAP. I intend to serve as interim director until we either elect another or find someone who wishes to serve in this position in the future. I would be happy to discuss the club's by-laws with any interested parties before our next meet.
Old 01-05-2001, 11:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Next week, I'll be up there for two days on business. I will not have time for any get togethers though. However, in the next few weeks thereafter, I will be up in Addison. I will be in an extended stay hotel or a hotel - whatever the assistance books me up at. I'll be up there, in and out, for approximately 3-4 months. I haven't decided what car I will take up there and what I will leave here. (Miata or S2k) It really depends on how much drive time I will get up there.

Anyways, probably nearing the later of the month, keep me posted, I'd certainly love to come to one of your events. But I hope I can get a waive on the dues if I'm only going to be there once or twice.

So, keep me posted guys...and gals!
Old 01-05-2001, 06:14 PM

Schatten,
Of course you are welcome. The Austin group has already extended its' hospitality to some of the DFW folks that ventured your way.
You bring up an interesting point about dues and visiting club members. In the sailing world many yacht clubs have agreements among themselves to treat visitors of other clubs as their own and invite these guests to participate without any fees. On a smaller scale my local Hobie fleet belongs to a regional "division" that in turn is part of the national association which is a member of the international class organization. The members of the local fleets enjoy the benefits of being part of a worlwide club. The division level organization provides marine band radios, and racing equipment to the local fleets as they host events. The funds for the purchases come from a nominal fee paid by the local club for each participant that registers to race. Participants pay a registration fee that covers the division fee and expenses for food, beverage, trophies, t-shirts, and gas for the safety boats. These fees are paid by all local and visiting participants. The result is that Hobie sailors can race practically anywhere in their multi-state division on any given weekend.
The local club dues are generally used to cover the expenses of mailers, banking fees, insurance, club property (timing devices, safety, radios, flags...) and occasionally entertainment for the group.
My Hobie fleet hosts a pre-race shrimp boil and a couple night sailing parties every year with the surplus from our registration fees and fleet membership dues. The Dallas fleet members have often joined our Fort Worth fleet because we are a much smaller club and can use their contributions to host great parties and races that they can attend. This is strictly voluntary but they get a great return on only a $35.00 investment.
So in short feel free to join us as often as you wish and do not feel obligated to pay our dues unless you like what we are doing and wish to support our efforts. I hope that the Austin group will form a similar club soon. On the larger scale I hope that local and regional chapters will emerge to enjoy the benefits a national/world organization may someday offer. Can't let the Miata Club have all the fun can we?

[This message has been edited by svann (edited January 05, 2001).]
Old 01-05-2001, 06:31 PM

Original agenda of LAST YEAR'S first club meeting (Jan.'00) from old club website:
(for info purposes only, our structure/agenda for this meet will be informal with more focused efforts to follow) S. Vann

North Texas S2000 Owners Club

Our first club meeting, and maybe the hardest. The club is open to S2000 owners over 18 years of age and their partners.

During this meeting the following positions will be filled:

Board
Executive Director
Assistant Executive Director
Treasurer
Event Director
Event Coordinator(s)
Communication Director
Communications Contributor(s)
Webmaster
Web Contributor(s)
Photo Coordinator
Photo Contributor(s)
Membership Director
Membership Contributor(s)
Secretary

Provisional Period

This first six months of operation the club will operate with some provisional rules that will give way to normal operation. During this provisional period the positions of the Elected Officers will be assumed by the founders. The positions of the appointed officers will be filled by team leaders chosen by a group of members with like interests.

Board

The board is comprised of the Director positions, the Treasurer, and the Executive Director from the previous term.

Elected Officers

During the provisional period Paul Dippell and Chris D