Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

my new car build

Old 07-14-2013, 12:29 AM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default my new car build

so after the diff grenaded on my last car and bouncing off a few trees I managed to get all the goodies off before it went bye bye . okidan mentioned I should just buy his car joking at first after looking at and turning down some it got serious and next thing you know its in my garage as it already had a comptech sc,tein flex coilovers with remote adjusters,comptech brembos,comptech header, strut bar and chassis braces with cusco swaybars t1r twin sparrow exhaust and the list goes on I got the car in the air and started in.

first on the list diff upgrade comptech diff main cap upgrade and a j's racing pinion collar witch should be good for 450 hp if careful. then I pulled the oil pan welded in a baffle and put an oil return in so I can drain the oil easier. installing my aem meth kit and oil cooler and sos aftercooler which hasn't showed up yet. replaced all the upper ball joints spc adjustable camber and a custom 6.75'' crank pulley off 99sh which gives me 9 psi on the 2.2 ap2 motor dan put in with the 4.4'' pulley on the blower . thinking of putting together a diff cooling system for sure a temp sensor along with an engine oil temp sensor and pressure sending unit from plx devices with the gauge face installed in the radio door im sure I am leaving stuff out will update later now some pics and yes the blowers are on the dinning room table that's how you kow your wife loves you
Attached Thumbnails my new car build-img_1301.jpg   my new car build-img_1304.jpg   my new car build-img_1305.jpg   my new car build-img_1307.jpg   my new car build-img_1309.jpg  

my new car build-img_1312.jpg   my new car build-img_1311.jpg   my new car build-img_1310.jpg   my new car build-img_1324.jpg  
Old 07-14-2013, 12:30 AM
Community Organizer

finally on the ground and moving under its own power!

Attached Thumbnails my new car build-img_1357.jpg   my new car build-img_1358.jpg  
Old 07-14-2013, 09:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lookin good!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good. What BBK is that ?
Old 07-15-2013, 04:41 AM

NIce, very nice!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WTH did you do? I see a diff grenading-happens.... then trees?

This does not sound like a good situation in the least.

I hope the new build gets you where you want ot be with power, handling and reliability.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:08 AM
Community Organizer

thanks peter I was doing a data log. finished slowed down was rolling down the highway went over a bump and it was like someone pulled the ebrake car jumped off the ground. the data log was running still and you can see me chop throttle for the bump and then a spike in rpm was going 70mph so I guess the diff failed on deceleration which let it lockup to bad it didn't under accel would have been a lot better oh well I walked away that car had an oscillating vibration in the rear sense I bought it now after that and tearing down the need car's I think it had lost turning torque on the ring and pinion which led to deflection of the gears and eventually failure. when it was loaded on the wrecker the drive shaft was sheered and the tire were dragging one would spin then catch it the only thing that explains what happened so change your diff oil often and check out vibration don't want this to happen to anyone else

the brake kit is comptech that made a kit 4-5 years ago
Old 07-15-2013, 10:38 AM

Good to finally see some progress, can't wait to see this thing on the road again with all the nice upgrades that have been made to it. do you plan to sell the other supercharger or use it with motor?
Old 07-15-2013, 11:31 AM
Community Organizer

spare charger already spoken for there will be another build when I am done with mine

Old 07-15-2013, 12:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k manic
thanks peter I was doing a data log. finished slowed down was rolling down the highway went over a bump and it was like someone pulled the ebrake car jumped off the ground. the data log was running still and you can see me chop throttle for the bump and then a spike in rpm was going 70mph so I guess the diff failed on deceleration which let it lockup to bad it didn't under accel would have been a lot better oh well I walked away that car had an oscillating vibration in the rear sense I bought it now after that and tearing down the need car's I think it had lost turning torque on the ring and pinion which led to deflection of the gears and eventually failure. when it was loaded on the wrecker the drive shaft was sheered and the tire were dragging one would spin then catch it the only thing that explains what happened so change your diff oil often and check out vibration don't want this to happen to anyone else

the brake kit is comptech that made a kit 4-5 years ago
Matt, Glad all is OK and you end up happier with a better starting point.
also happy you handled (experience pays off) it well, as locking your rear end is bad and inexperience would have been a killer.

Looking forward to seeing the new project comoe to fruition.

Quick Reply: my new car build