Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

New car build

Old 06-01-2013, 05:27 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by txjeepn
Originally Posted by MrKlean187' timestamp='1369892871' post='22575292
Do you happen to work for/with 3ds?
No, I work for a small engineering consulting firm that does custom aircraft interiors for commercial size aircraft.
Do you work out of Love Field?
Old 06-01-2013, 01:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Elistan
Originally Posted by txjeepn' timestamp='1369916464' post='22575552
[quote name='MrKlean187' timestamp='1369892871' post='22575292']
Do you happen to work for/with 3ds?
No, I work for a small engineering consulting firm that does custom aircraft interiors for commercial size aircraft.
Do you work out of Love Field?
[/quote]

I did back in 2007 when we all left associated air center to start TDA.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:51 PM

It's here!

I have started the long process of taking the body panels off to start running the wiring. And found some interesting markings on some of the items. The first two are on the steering column they are shiny and hard to get a good picture.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:07 PM

Getting a start on the wiring. This weekend I think I will get the engine in.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:37 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Holy Toledo that's a lot of cable.
How do you keep it all going to the correct locations?
Old 06-07-2013, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Elistan
Holy Toledo that's a lot of cable.
How do you keep it all going to the correct locations?
I'm using a painless performance wiring kit. The wires are stamped with the wires purpose. Like tail light right side. It was worth the 299. The down side it is a kit intended for a carb engine. So I also have a race k20.harness from import racing that I need to merge together.

Until I started wiring it I thought how hard could it be. How many wires can there be. Then I got the box......
Old 06-10-2013, 04:32 PM

Engine is in! They didn't give much room to put it in. I just need to get a couple of bolts for the motor mounts. I was able to reuse about half of what I needed to bolt the engine to the supplied motor mounts.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright... It's been a week. Where is our update? I have a friend that is close to pulling the trigger watching this thread.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by brogers
Alright... It's been a week. Where is our update? I have a friend that is close to pulling the trigger watching this thread.
Nothing worth taking picture of. I got the majority of the cooling plumbing to the engine. The kit came with most of the tubing and clamps I just need to buy and fit an overflow/fill tank once I get to the point of putting the body panels on. It is placed under the air intake "cone".

I also got the turn signal lights in the mail today, these were the ones supplied with the kit. I wont be using them. I have herd stories about how with a good bump in the road the bulbs have a habit of falling out. And now that I have them I completely understand why, they are crap. So I am going to be looking for some LEDs.

I have also ran the wires from the engine to where I am going to mount the ECU behind the seats.

And more just general wiring being completed.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by txjeepn
Originally Posted by brogers' timestamp='1371525942' post='22614891
Nothing worth taking picture of. I got the majority of the cooling plumbing to the engine. The kit came with most of the tubing and clamps I just need to buy and fit an overflow/fill tank once I get to the point of putting the body panels on. It is placed under the air intake "cone".

I also got the turn signal lights in the mail today, these were the ones supplied with the kit. I wont be using them. I have herd stories about how with a good bump in the road the bulbs have a habit of falling out. And now that I have them I completely understand why, they are crap. So I am going to be looking for some LEDs.

I have also ran the wires from the engine to where I am going to mount the ECU behind the seats.

And more just general wiring being completed.
Just wondering how this project is going. My friend that was considering buying one of these ended up buying a used Ariel Atom with a 300HP supercharged Ecotec. He was nice enough to let me take it for a spin. I never could have imagined a car being so fun and yet so scary at the same time. I don't have experience with cars of that level so I didn't push it 100%, but 75% was more than enough.

Quick Reply: New car build