Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

New Guy w/ NFR in DFW

Old 11-05-2014, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy w/ NFR in DFW

Hey guys just wanted to stop in and say hey. I just moved to the DFW area from North Carolina and I drive a NFR S2000. I also have a blue RSX turd that is my DD so if you see me flag me down. I have seen a few S2000s so far but none looked like s2ki owners hopefully I can meet some of you guys at some auto cross or track days I have done a few track days and hope to continue doing so in the future. If any of you guys wanna meet up or go for a drive this weekend hit me up, I know nobody here so Im bored as hell and would be down for whatever just to have an excuse to pull the S out of the garage currently it hasnt been driven since I backed it off the trailer when I got here last week. Anyways look forward to meeting some of you guys and heres a couple pics of my car....

Old 11-06-2014, 06:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice! Welcome to the group! We have quite a few track/autocross junkies here. Our next official meet is on the 22nd, you may have seen the post about it (Dyno day and BBQ). We also have a Facebook group which is admittedly more active than the NTexas forum: https://www.facebook.com/groups/215894868534689/

-Luis
Old 11-06-2014, 04:25 PM

Welcome man!
Old 11-06-2014, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by StormTroopinAP2
Very nice! Welcome to the group! We have quite a few track/autocross junkies here. Our next official meet is on the 22nd, you may have seen the post about it (Dyno day and BBQ). We also have a Facebook group which is admittedly more active than the NTexas forum: https://www.facebook.com/groups/215894868534689/

-Luis
Thanks for the welcome guys. I did see the Dyno/BBQ but I signed up for the autocross that day so I guess Ill be doin that. Also I joined the group on Facebook thanks for the heads up look forward to seeing some of you guys around.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome! Is this how you bought your car or have you done some of the mods yourself?
Old 11-07-2014, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by MrKlean187
Welcome! Is this how you bought your car or have you done some of the mods yourself?
Ive done a few mods myself but the car is mostly stock. It did have a few things done to it when I got it some of which is still in place and some of it I have replaced. I have big plans for it in the next year or so and once I get settled in here in Dallas I will start compiling parts.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:38 PM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

welcome to the area. should come out to some of the events there's always something going on.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:36 PM

Welcome!!! Lots of s2000/motorsport enthusiasts in DFW. Check out http://dfwautocross.com/ for your cone killing pleasure, it is a convenient way to keep track of the local Autox events in the area. Check out www.ntaxs.com/ a great club to run AutoX, they have an S2000 only class as well. The time trials are quite fun in Mineral Wells Tx(~$35) with Porsche Club of America www.mav.pca.org Porsche guys are very friendly and cool people, guaranteed to have at least someone with a giant cigar hanging from their jowls. Motorsport Ranch in Cresson Tx *I hear* is a nice road course track although $$$. Circuit of The Americas is in Austin Tx(3hrs away), Texas Motorspeedway, Texas Worldspeedway in College Station Tx(3hr away). College Station (Texas A&M college) has a retired airforce base that was donated to them that they use for AutoX events, very fun and plenty of room even though track surface is hit or miss.

If you see a fat guy in a ridiculously awful camo hat in car #86 Silverstone AP2 at the events, don't be shy and come say hi!
Old 11-11-2014, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by buldozr
Welcome!!! Lots of s2000/motorsport enthusiasts in DFW. Check out http://dfwautocross.com/ for your cone killing pleasure, it is a convenient way to keep track of the local Autox events in the area. Check out www.ntaxs.com/ a great club to run AutoX, they have an S2000 only class as well. The time trials are quite fun in Mineral Wells Tx(~$35) with Porsche Club of America www.mav.pca.org Porsche guys are very friendly and cool people, guaranteed to have at least someone with a giant cigar hanging from their jowls. Motorsport Ranch in Cresson Tx *I hear* is a nice road course track although $$$. Circuit of The Americas is in Austin Tx(3hrs away), Texas Motorspeedway, Texas Worldspeedway in College Station Tx(3hr away). College Station (Texas A&M college) has a retired airforce base that was donated to them that they use for AutoX events, very fun and plenty of room even though track surface is hit or miss.

If you see a fat guy in a ridiculously awful camo hat in car #86 Silverstone AP2 at the events, don't be shy and come say hi!
Hey thanks for the heads up I will have to look into some of that stuff. Are you gonna be at the AutoX on November 22. I should be there so hopefully Ill see you there.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should hit the PCA Time Trial this weekend at Mineral Wells. I'm not registered yet but it looks like I'll be going. You can register at clubregistration.net

Quick Reply: New Guy w/ NFR in DFW