Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

New here! NFR in FW!

Old 01-07-2015, 06:09 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New here! NFR in FW!

Hey just wanted to stop by and say hello. Recently moved to Fort Worth from Los Angeles, CA and it's been a hell of a change. Not seen too many s2ks on the streets yet, but I know there are some of you around somewhere!

Looking forward to any event, meets, or track days the area has to offer. Hope to meet some of you soon.

As a first question here... Any recommendation for windshield glass replacement? Of course my first month here i got a huge crack across the windshield!
Old 01-07-2015, 06:38 AM

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by HvRRZ
Hey just wanted to stop by and say hello. Recently moved to Fort Worth from Los Angeles, CA and it's been a hell of a change. Not seen too many s2ks on the streets yet, but I know there are some of you around somewhere!

Looking forward to any event, meets, or track days the area has to offer. Hope to meet some of you soon.

As a first question here... Any recommendation for windshield glass replacement? Of course my first month here i got a huge crack across the windshield!
First off, welcome to the metroplex. It's a completely different world from what you are used to in SoCal, but we do have a fairly robust and activel local S2000 community. I recommend you signup to the FB page and attend our monthly Third Thursday meets, you'll get to meet quite a few of the local guys, and learn a little bit more of the area (as the locations of the meets varies during different regions of DFW).

As far as your question on replacement screens, I don't have any suggestions, but will keep an eye on others responses as I would like to get mine replaced fairly soon as well (extensive pitting and a small crack in on corner).
Old 01-07-2015, 06:39 AM

I found a spot in Dallas called Deep Ellum Glass... and they gave me a decent quote for $246 using Pilkington Glass which to my understanding is one of the best aftermarket OE equivalents you can go with... any advice?
Old 01-07-2015, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang
Originally Posted by HvRRZ' timestamp='1420643374' post='23459223

First off, welcome to the metroplex. It's a completely different world from what you are used to in SoCal, but we do have a fairly robust and activel local S2000 community. I recommend you signup to the FB page and attend our monthly Third Thursday meets, you'll get to meet quite a few of the local guys, and learn a little bit more of the area (as the locations of the meets varies during different regions of DFW).

As far as your question on replacement screens, I don't have any suggestions, but will keep an eye on others responses as I would like to get mine replaced fairly soon as well (extensive pitting and a small crack in on corner).

Thank you for the welcome
I'll def look into attending the thursday meet, would be nice to meet some fellow s2k owners.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a track day the 31st of January at MSR Cresson. You can sign up on the apex driving academy website. There are normally a few of us s2k guys out there.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome! Your just in time for the 3rd Thursday meet, this month its at Keller Burgers (which has been around for decades) in Dallas. Dallas is nothing like Ft. Worth, btw, don't get confused by the DFW name.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:03 PM

I got no name glass that fit and looks perfect for $156 with tax installed at my house. Phoenix Auto Glass, came same day!
Old 01-09-2015, 02:59 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to Texas. I cannot recommend this place , but they offer the two best options for replacement glass, Pilkington and PPG.

http://a1autoglass.iarbiz.com/cvWA1v...FeLm7Aodp3cAuw
Old 01-13-2015, 10:08 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I live and work in Fort Worth if you want to meet up to roll to the meet Thursday. Just let me know...
Old 01-18-2015, 03:49 PM

Hello and welcome to DFW.

Quick Reply: New here! NFR in FW!