S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/texas-north-texas-s2000-owners-10/)
-   -   North Texas Community Organizer (CO) Nominations (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/texas-north-texas-s2000-owners-10/north-texas-community-organizer-co-nominations-1160991/)

JulieU 09-10-2016 06:10 AM

North Texas Community Organizer (CO) Nominations

Hello, North Texas! :hello: Temming is ready to pass his CO torch on. Thank you David for all you've done for the North Texas S2000 community over the past several years. :tipwink:

So who would you all like to see be your next CO? FWIW, one does not necessarily have to be a CO to plan cruises, drives, etc. (events in general). Everyone is free and sometimes even encouraged to do that. With that in mind...

Originally Posted by HondaGal (Post 1218102)
The Community Organizer is something of a social director. They are usually someone who is active in organizing events and get-togethers in the local area. Because of this active participation they are well known to the community and have the confidence of the community.

COs (as we call them) are given special privileges to allow them to steer the dynamics of the group but more importantly their intended role is to organize events and to act as a liaison with S2Ki.com to help with developing our global community. They speak on behalf of the community to get things like badge permissions, have troublesome accounts suspended or removed and promote and advertise larger inter-community events and activities.

COs are responsible for maintaining the content quality standards of their forums in a manner consistent with all other S2Ki.com forums and to encourage participation of their members in the broader s2ki global community. They can do this by moving posts of broader interest such as technical topics to the appropriate main site forums and also by promoting events from outside the community.

Except in times of extreme need, S2Ki.com does not appoint Community Organizers. We want your peers to nominate you and therefore you have become a CO with the help of your local community members. You are the lead person within your organization. You are the one respected by your fellow members. Sometimes things change within an organization and someone steps up to help out or take over. We make those changes by request. If we receive a concern from fellow community members about the CO, we will then step in and help out.

All forum communities must be requested, and we recommend you have a decent number of participants to make the community forum worthwhile.

The role of a Community Organizer is:

* Developing a club "Community"
* Establishing a club name with input
* Maintain the membership list
* Contact potential members you see on the street and online *build the club)
* Develop relations with local sponsors and dealerships
* Take the lead in organizing local or community events

If you are a large community or small, there is nothing written in stone that says you can not have help. A Co-Community Organizer can help with tasks, and event planning. It is better to ask for help than try and do everything yourself and risk burnout in the process. As a CO you should be dedicated to the community and the S2000. You will have a sense of accomplishment by organizing events and having your club membership flourish.

Please keep in mind that once someone is nominated, there's no need to nominate them again (that's what the subsequent poll thread is for). If you are nominated but aren't interested in serving as CO, please state so. We'll leave this nomination thread open for a week or so. Once the nominees have been selected, a poll thread will be opened.

Vanishing Point 09-10-2016 10:58 AM

You might have to post this within the North Texas S2KI FB to get any feedback. Unfortunately it's been a ghost town posting wise. I no longer live in Texas so I don't really have a dog in this hunt.

s2k manic 09-10-2016 01:50 PM

Man! I thought there would be some response on this unfortunately facebook has killed the local forum pages. I still post sometimes but I too am guilty of using facebook over forum. Sense I'm on here I would like to mention the return of the ben wheeler drive. I went scouting roads and most are in good shape 1651 would not be good for slammed cars or fast driving but the rest is cool plus I will be changing the route a bit. Expect a formal thread after bmt incase I break the sloth :suspect: :tipwink:

pde27 09-10-2016 05:15 PM

Totally agree. This forum is a wealth of knowledge that no one sees anymore including me because the fb page is much easier nowadays. vanishing point, I was up in your neck of the woods at the end of July. Should have hit you up but it was a kinda family guys trip. I can at least say yes I have slayed the dragon :)

Vanishing Point 09-11-2016 04:01 AM

Haha! So what did you think of the Dragon.

pde27 09-11-2016 09:33 AM

Man it was awesome. Even with not going very fast it's still a workout lol. Wish I would have had more time to see all the other roads, but didnt have the time. One day I'll make it back for a longer trip.

JulieU 09-17-2016 05:42 PM

:backtopic: :bump:

pepperinyoureye 09-19-2016 09:40 PM

Damn you Facebook for being so convenient!

JulieU 09-28-2016 08:42 AM

Anybody? :bump:

s2k manic 09-28-2016 02:22 PM

I'll do it if no one wants the job I still post my drives and meets on here as well as facebook and plan to be more active now that the sloths metamorphosis is near complete :tipwink:

I will start with announcing a group drive to four winds steak house in November. if we can get 20+ people they will give us a special menu so the meal will cost 30-40$ a person. feel free to look it up the chef started out at del Frisco's. Amy and I have eaten there a few times and it is excellent as good as I can do myself and for those of you who have had a steak cooked by me I tend to be harsh on steak houses. Let me know :ponder:

https://www.bing.com/mapspreview?&ty...19173&v=2&sV=1