S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/texas-north-texas-s2000-owners-10/)
-   -   Romantic places in Dallas (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/texas-north-texas-s2000-owners-10/romantic-places-dallas-604361/)

npham 06-12-2008 06:26 AM

Romantic places in Dallas

I need a nice place to take my girlfriend. It's a special occasion and I want to do something different this year. In San Antonio, there is the restaraunt on the boat on the river walk. Do we have something similar to that here?

Any reccomendation is appreciated.

S2k_MoZo 06-12-2008 06:56 AM

I don't think there are places like that in Dallas. Or maybe I am not aware of them since I moved to Dallas from NJ like a couple of years ago.

Although, I am going to San Antonio with mine in July, I would like to know more about that hotel on that boat? I would like to take her there ;)

Colby 06-12-2008 07:36 AM

I'm sure you'll get a ton of suggestions, so I'll throw out some not-so-obvious one.

Paddleboat dinner theater. There's one on Lake Ray Roberts too, I think. We did one in Nashville a couple years back and had an absolute blast.

mxt_77 06-12-2008 08:31 AM

Reunion Tower might be an option for a scenic, romantic dinner.

webmasterino 06-12-2008 08:40 AM

There are those Murder Mystery Dinner things. We did that on Valentines day a few years ago. The killer ended up being at our table! We were shocked! What makes it fun though is that it forces you to actually communicate with your date unless a normal dinner where you just talk about your day. The Mystery causes you to think and ask each other questions on the surface. Below the surface, it helps you learn how your date thinks and you get to know them that much better.

There is always Reunion Tower (Zoltars?) but I forget what the name is. The atmosphere is very nice but I don't remember ANYTHING about how good the food was though.

There is a restaurant that is in the side of the hill (I can't think of the name of it right now but I'm sure somewhere here will know what I'm talking about). When I was there, there was a donkey outside the front door which makes for quite an, ahem, interesting entrance smell but inside is dark and romantic. While you wait, you can go down to the basement and have a drink or dance. It is near the billboard that has the water fall flowing (I've seen the billboard advertising Coors, Absolut, etc). I looked on Google but I couldn't find it. I hope it is still around!!!

npham 06-12-2008 09:58 AM

Reunion Tower is closed till Fall. The Murder Mystery things sounds fun. Do you have more information about the place you went to?

npham 06-12-2008 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Colby,Jun 12 2008, 09:36 AM
I'm sure you'll get a ton of suggestions, so I'll throw out some not-so-obvious one.

Paddleboat dinner theater. There's one on Lake Ray Roberts too, I think. We did one in Nashville a couple years back and had an absolute blast.

This sounds like what I was looking for. Thanks.

Do you have any more information about the one on Lake Ray Roberts?

uwimage 06-12-2008 10:00 AM

Love this place, never failed when I was dating girls :D

http://www.thegraperestaurant.com/

DFWs2k 06-12-2008 10:51 AM

^wow...what are you dating now? jk

lonestarbuzz 06-12-2008 10:52 AM

the place in reunion tower is Antare's. cool atmosphere, but the food isn't great (at least for the $$$$). good place to get drinks though. didn't know it was closed.

the one in san antonio isn't a hotel, it's a restaurant. you can buy tickets at the boat tour shack thing (not sure exactly where it is, but it is on the river...you can't miss it). it's pretty cool, you basically just drive around on the boat while eating. someone at our table had a bird poop on their plate when we were going under one of the bridges. that wasn't very romantic.