S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/texas-north-texas-s2000-owners-10/)
-   -   S2000 Drift Build (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/texas-north-texas-s2000-owners-10/s2000-drift-build-1110336/)

S2000=Love4life 01-07-2015 06:17 PM

S2000 Drift Build

6 Attachment(s)
What's up Folks,

I'm Damian, I've been in the honda scene for a long time and been wanting to build a drift s2000 so I said why not! It's a new year so that mean a new build! I happen to find a 2000 Honda S2000 for a good deal that I couldn't refuse no thanks to a member on here, thank you very much, you know who you your. I'm going to build the s2000 for lone star drift pro am. I know it's not made for drifting so spare me the negative. I'm doing this for my personal reason! I'm teaming up with Team All Tech Garage, they will be helping me to make it'd to every events. The s2000 is at there shop being inspected and trying to plan the build to lone star drift rule book. I saw an opportunity to ask them for support and they are willing to take me in under their wing and help me out to make my dreams come true. ****So my Goals, is to get it'd up and running, make it look pretty sick, try not to total the car, make my sponsors happy, make new friends, do some research and development parts for the s2000 for improvements, get as much seat time I can get, make it to every lone star drift events and then to other events too**** I think that's not to hard to do right!!!! They have a Facebook so be sure to check them out and like them on Facebook. They do good work and I never had any issues with them. They are pretty much the one stop shop for all yours needs. I will post pictures and have specs later but at the moment I would like to see what y'all think! Follow me on Facebook and add me!!!! https://www.facebook.com/DamianLeeGarza oR https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...e/193469510335

Attachment 90036
When I got the car! So excited!!!

Attachment 90037
Just trying out the back up fenders for fitment...

Attachment 90038
Trying out the back up parts on what the car can look like...

Attachment 90039
Front of the car without the motor and tranny.

Attachment 90040
getting the car inspected, seeing whats good and bad. pretty much just trying to see what we need and what we do have on the car.
Attachment 90041
Just a front view of the car, not going to look like this at the end. only for back up spares.

sacjs 01-12-2015 07:28 PM

I followed Chris Jeanneret's build & awful season in youtube. Definitely behind anything that has the possibility of advancing the exposure and parts availability for the S. Saw it happen with the SC, and people bitched, but ultimately you can't have progress without pissing a few people off.

What are you going to do with the powerplant - FI / LSx swap?

What modifications are you going to make to get more steering angle?

Diff/tranny plans?

An intriguing project for sure. Best of luck & keep us updated!

S2000=Love4life 01-13-2015 03:32 PM

Sorry been busy in working on the car. Yeah, Chris is what inspired me on how an s2000 can truly drift. And I truly believe that an s2000 can drift but only with the right set up. The car is at team all tech garage and we're pretty much going to try to get involve in the drift scene and other scenes.The car will have an 05 s2000 engine, tranny, driveshaft, differential and axles. The car will be turbo to help the car slide. I went this route because i want to show that its all going to be from an s2000 and mostly oem components and replace what need to be improved by either with some aftermarket parts or some fabrication to support the s2000 and maybe if our fab parts are right we will probably produce it'd for other s2000 owners to whoever wants them. For steering, I bought a steering angle kit from Chris which was a big help. The steering kit will work with oem components. I will defiantly will keep y'all posted on the build.

S2000=Love4life 01-15-2015 04:57 AM

Some updates! Alright well the cage is being built as we speak. So it might be a while for me to update till I get the car back. Team all tech garage manage to work on the body a little bit to get it's all straighten. So once the cage is fully done the car is going to be straighten little bit more and then be painted to all tech grey. which is going to be a bad ass color can't wait till it's all painted. I'm going to be having a full body kit that is the asm from dura flex. A mugen hard top and some enkei rpf1 wheels. More info later.

sacjs 01-15-2015 06:38 PM

Do you have any specs on the cage?

S2000=Love4life 01-16-2015 02:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I will in the nexts few days, I have to get back to you on that one. If y'all want to stay up to date on the build look me on my Facebook and add me. I post on there more than here but Ima try to do both. It's Damian Lee Garza, I have a spoon hardtop as my default picture.

Attachment 89962

something similar to this.

MrKlean187 01-17-2015 12:23 AM

Pics or it didn't happen!!!!!

jaundice 01-17-2015 04:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[attachment=72256::]

Here's the car

S2000=Love4life 01-17-2015 04:46 AM

Thanks for the pic! That's pretty much what it looks like! I'm still having issues and isn't posting image!

alSpeed2k 01-17-2015 09:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go, just go to your album in photobucket, click on the "IMG" link and paste it here.

Attachment 89932