Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

North Texas S2000 Top Replacement Info & Costs

Old 03-05-2014, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricekevine
I felt very comfortable leaving my car with him overnight. He's a super nice guy and knows exactly what he's doing. He's very professional, very friendly and very reasonable on his pricing. I would recommend him to anyone.
Completely agree. He did the top on my 02. It looks great and fits tight, like drum!
Old 03-13-2014, 06:10 AM
R_W

Clovis, YGPM!
Old 03-16-2014, 12:10 PM

Can anyone recommend an installer like clovis in southern California?
Old 03-17-2014, 01:26 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by guyincognito
Can anyone recommend an installer like clovis in southern California?
I'd recommend giving Vik at Topsonline a call. They are located in CA.

Toll Free: 1-888-803-8505

GL
Old 03-31-2014, 06:02 PM

1. Hi Clovis; I have enjoyed reading this thread.
2. I have an 04 with 50k miles and I bought it 4 yrs. ago with only 9k miles; top is in good shape and I keep 303 on it.
3. I use a hardtop in the winter, and it's garage kept at night, so I'm hoping I never need one, but I know my time will come.
4. 2 questions. I have interested in the dark blue that Robbins has, I've seen it and I think it would look dynamite on my Suzuka blue, if you have seen this and it doesn't work, tell me.
5. In your opinion, all factors being equal , will the canvas or the vinyl last longer?
6. It might not be a fair question since there are some vinyl tops out there still on early models probably, and the replacements haven't had a chance to be older b/c of that.
7. So, just an opinion on durability.
8. Thanks!
9. And, do you know anyone near Indianapolis who is your counterpart; the closest trusted experienced person I know of is in Nashville, TN, over 300 miles away.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:00 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by doddg
2. I have an 04 with 50k miles and I bought it 4 yrs. ago with only 9k miles; top is in good shape and I keep 303 on it.
3. I use a hardtop in the winter, and it's garage kept at night, so I'm hoping I never need one, but I know my time will come.
4. 2 questions. I have interested in the dark blue that Robbins has, I've seen it and I think it would look dynamite on my Suzuka blue, if you have seen this and it doesn't work, tell me.
5. In your opinion, all factors being equal , will the canvas or the vinyl last longer?
6. It might not be a fair question since there are some vinyl tops out there still on early models probably, and the replacements haven't had a chance to be older b/c of that.
8. Thanks!
9. And, do you know anyone near Indianapolis who is your counterpart; the closest trusted experienced person I know of is in Nashville, TN, over 300 miles away.
Thanks. Yes, I have seen the dark blue Robbins top on a Suzuka Blue and I think it works. There are pics on google image search!

I would go with the Canvas option (98% of my customers do). It looks better and I believe that with regular upkeep it will last longer than vinyl which gets brittle and tears with age.

Sorry that I don't know of anyone in TN for installs.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Clovis
Originally Posted by doddg' timestamp='1396317750' post='23090655
8. Thanks!
Thanks. Yes, I have seen the dark blue Robbins top on a Suzuka Blue and I think it works. There are pics on google image search!

I would go with the Canvas option (98% of my customers do). It looks better and I believe that with regular upkeep it will last longer than vinyl which gets brittle and tears with age.

Sorry that I don't know of anyone in TN for installs.
1. Thanks for your time and verifying what I wanted to know, especially since you live in another country called Texas, and will never be able to profit from it.
2. I live in Indianapolis, perchance you know anyone doing this work in IN, IL, OH, KY?
Old 04-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts

You might ask in the Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Subforum for recommended local-to-you installers.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by JulieU
You might ask in the Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Subforum for recommended local-to-you installers.
1. Thanks for the heads-up; I will wait since I don't need one yet and don't want to bother anyone until the time comes; I just asked Clovis since he had an ongoing thread.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pm'd, I think its time for a new one!

Quick Reply: North Texas S2000 Top Replacement Info & Costs