Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Some BIT@# hit my car tonight!

Old 07-03-2007, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some BIT@# hit my car tonight!

Guys, something very sad happened tonight. I was about to go to Quarter bar in Uptown, and right in front of me, a girl in a Jeep Grand Cherokee throws it into reverse, and backs right the ^*@# into me!!! I was sooo pissed. Any way, my front bumper cover is screwed, and my hood, and both fenders are marred. I have never been this stressed in my life. I just need to get all your opinions on where to take the car to get repaired. God I'm so distraught!!!!

-Brett
Old 07-04-2007, 06:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its a car lol calm down.

Take it to Stuarts off of Plano rd and 635 if you want a really nice job, Ive heard they are pretty slow at it but they work on nothing but high end Ferrari's etc etc.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:16 AM

They do a lot of work on Ferrari's and such, but Stuarts will work on any car (they worked on my Ford Escape)... they do really good work, but yes they are slow.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:43 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Stuarts is slow and they treat the customer like a POS, unless of course you're a dealer bringing in 10 F cars a month. That being said they did good work on my M3, it only took a whole freaking month to replace and repaint a fender.

Also I believe there's also another good one near Arlington I think, I can't remember the name but those are the two that most people trust.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:49 AM

Received 400 Likes on 221 Posts

I HIGHLY recommend Sewell Collision Center in Dallas. Sewell is known for top-notch quality and service with everything they do. When, I had my shopping cart knick fixed there, it seriously looked better than new when finished.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:14 AM

Dont go to Stuarts. Someone backed into my car and I took it to Stuarts and I will never let them touch my car again!!
Old 07-04-2007, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by whiteGoKart39,Jul 4 2007, 01:14 PM
Dont go to Stuarts. Someone backed into my car and I took it to Stuarts and I will never let them touch my car again!!
Details?
Old 07-04-2007, 09:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey all,

Hope your 4th was better than mine. The CR-V got rear-ended this evening as we were coming home from a friend's house. We were hit by a Jeep Liberty at roughly 35 mph, but thankfully my wife and I (and our dogs, who were in the car with us) all walked away from it. The CR-V fared amazingly well (much better than the Liberty), but I need to have it towed from the house in the morning to a body shop.

Any recommendations? This is my wife's daily commuter, not a show car, and I'd prefer it not spend months in the shop.

Corey, where is Sewell located?
Old 07-04-2007, 10:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by altiain,Jul 4 2007, 09:52 PM
Hey all,

Hope your 4th was better than mine. The CR-V got rear-ended this evening as we were coming home from a friend's house. We were hit by a Jeep Liberty at roughly 35 mph, but thankfully my wife and I (and our dogs, who were in the car with us) all walked away from it. The CR-V fared amazingly well (much better than the Liberty), but I need to have it towed from the house in the morning to a body shop.

Any recommendations? This is my wife's daily commuter, not a show car, and I'd prefer it not spend months in the shop.

Corey, where is Sewell located?
Try service king, they use to contract out their cars for me to fix (bent suspension etc etc) and they do a pretty good job with a short turn around time.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Doug0716,Jul 4 2007, 12:14 PM
Details?
From the reputation of Stuart's, I was expecting high quality workmanship in addition to the $$$$ I paid; however, the results recieved were unsatisfactory...

-Brand new headlights (from HT Guy) to install, when finished scratches all over it
-Tried to say that the headlights I supplied them came scratched
-Headlight adjusting beam/gear was stripped and still unadjusted
-Paint peeling off from front bumper
-Did not primer the bumper
-Missing screws and clips
-Replaced A/C refrigerant recovery; A/C not cold
-They are slow.. It took almost two months

IMO, feels like service and quality would have been better had I sent in a "pricier" car.

Quick Reply: Some BIT@# hit my car tonight!