Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Steak Saturday?

Old 04-03-2001, 11:11 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

A few times last year, the roommate and I hosted some great steak parties at our place. Basically, people would bring beer, bread, veggies, fruit, chips, whatever, and Barry and I supplied the steaks (top sirloin, lots of it, marinated with Allegro and grilled to perfection) and dessert (usually chocolate chip brownies topped with home-made espresso chocolate ice cream and hot fugde.) If enough people (but not too many - it's not a giant apartment) are interested, we can do this again.

Some of the Austin folks are coming up Saturday morning, so how about we do this for dinner Sat after the races, then those who are interested/able (which will probably include me) can head out for a night on the town...

One potential problem: my place is in Addison - not exactly close to the track...

[Edited by Elistan on 04-03-2001 at 12:14 PM]
Old 04-03-2001, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd go.. but i'm going to houston.. man did you see that caddilac that almost nailed me on the way back into town from austin sunday night.. right were i took the exit for 75N. flew up the on ramp doing about 80 and came into my lane w/ out warning. scared the sheet outta me.. dodged him though.
Old 04-03-2001, 02:59 PM

Elistan,

I'll be happy to attend and help out. If we could find a larger place, say around Grapevine Mills (Flower Mound) would you be interested? Anyone else a little closer to TMS?

Stefan
Old 04-03-2001, 03:13 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Sure. I'm just interested in hanging out with the group and eating some good food, not showing off my, like, amazing apartment or anything. (That was sarcasm, by the way. )
Old 04-03-2001, 03:53 PM

My Porsche friend (in attendance at Bone Daddy's meet) might be willing to do the grill thing at his place. We grill and watch Speedvision there anyway so it won't hurt to ask...

Stefan
Old 04-03-2001, 04:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Addison, that's a bit far from where I'm at, isn't it? wait, no...that might just be too convenient!
Old 04-03-2001, 04:45 PM

Elistan,

Scott was interested in hosting the steak party at his place in Flower Mound. His home is a little west of the Grapevine Mills Mall about half-way between the Speedway and Dallas. Pretty much a straight shot down Hwy 114.
The grill and Speedvision are at our disposal. Fortunately race car is spoken in his household.

Stefan
Old 04-03-2001, 04:57 PM

We should get a head count of those possibly interested please...

Stefan
Old 04-03-2001, 05:41 PM

Geesh I can never make it to these things but I can't think of anything better to do than go to the races! I am calling off all my girlfriends for a Saturday of racing... Afterwards, dunno do I have to cook something to come? I don't cook, nor do I have anything to cook... hey, I'm 18 after all =P

How much are tickets to get in and what time is everyone showing up at the races?
Old 04-03-2001, 07:05 PM

Originally posted by svann
We should get a head count of those possibly interested please...
Stefan

Count me in.

Quick Reply: Steak Saturday?