Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Stolen S2000 Parts

Old 01-04-2007, 07:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen S2000 Parts

South Fla Post

Just wanted to post this up from the South Fla forum. Apparently, they are having a huge problem with their cars being stolen, stripped and vandalized etc.

The theives then sell the parts online and once people start to figure out who they are, create new user names so avoid being caught.

Either way, please be sure you don't buy used parts from individuals that may be selling stolen parts - it just keeps the cycle going. Remember, one day someone may be driving around with your old wheels, seats, or soft top.

Together we can put them OOB by not giving them a market.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tx_Phantom,Jan 4 2007, 10:25 AM
Together we can put them OOB by not giving them a market.
If only it were that easy. There will always be someone they can sell to, whether it's someone that just isn't aware of the fact that the parts are stolen or someone who just doesn't care.

What's worse is that police don't even investigate this kind of crap. They'd much rather allocate resources to patrolling for people that drive 5mph over the speed limit or people with loud exhausts or illegal tint... because that generates revenue for them, whereas punishing real criminals does not.

In the end, we're all responsible for our own security. Do what you can to protect yourself and make sure you have insurance to replace it. If you don't want to take the risk, then the only alternative is to not own anything worth stealing.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:25 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mxt_77,Jan 4 2007, 10:40 AM
In the end, we're all responsible for our own security. Do what you can to protect yourself and make sure you have insurance to replace it.
Couldn't have said it better myself, if you don't want someone to steal your stuff keep it in a garage locked up and get yourself some insurance. End of story.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Banned

Well guys, don't shoot the messenger, I was just letting you know what was going on and to be aware who you're buying from.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Tx_Phantom,Jan 4 2007, 11:55 AM
Well guys, don't shoot the messenger, I was just letting you know what was going on and to be aware who you're buying from.
I know. It's useful information... I was just making the observation that even if we do our part by not buying from them, that won't stop them from stealing and finding someone else to buy. Some people are just predators.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by mxt_77,Jan 4 2007, 10:40 AM
What's worse is that police don't even investigate this kind of crap. They'd much rather allocate resources to patrolling for people that drive 5mph over the speed limit or people with loud exhausts or illegal tint... because that generates revenue for them, whereas punishing real criminals does not.
When you call in an auto bulgary to Dallas PD, always mention that I firearm was stolen from the car . They will come out and investigate then.

I'll have to check my CHL literature, but I think you can use deadly force to stop an auto bulglary after dark .

You might be able to tell that I HATE people who destroy / steal things from cars.

Al
Old 01-04-2007, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AATees,Jan 4 2007, 11:55 AM
When you call in an auto bulgary to Dallas PD, always mention that I firearm was stolen from the car . They will come out and investigate then.
Whereas otherwise they will not come out to investigate at all .. even if the theft occurred right outside their station! (personal experience ... I had to fight just to force the officer who answered the phone to file a report so I could get a report # as required by insurance. Extremely frustrating).

On the other hand, the Frisco police came out and investigated (finger printing and all) both times our car was broken into (in our driveway ... alleys are just criminal behaviour enablers... why can't TX understand that?).
Old 01-04-2007, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by turbolane,Jan 4 2007, 03:31 PM
alleys are just criminal behaviour enablers... why can't TX understand that?
Garages are for parking your car in them... not for storing junk.

That's something that annoys me. The people across the street from me have a 3-car garage, but all 7 of their cars park outside.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:53 PM

ALLEYS ARE WONDERFUL!

As spoken by a guy how has lived in places w/o alleys.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by AATees,Jan 4 2007, 10:55 AM

I'll have to check my CHL literature, but I think you can use deadly force to stop an auto bulglary after dark .

You might be able to tell that I HATE people who destroy / steal things from cars.

Al
That and neighbors that leave the garage door open for days at a time.

Quick Reply: Stolen S2000 Parts