S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/texas-north-texas-s2000-owners-10/)
-   -   Traded in the S on Sat. (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/texas-north-texas-s2000-owners-10/traded-s-sat-605354/)

Colby 06-16-2008 07:31 AM

Traded in the S on Sat.

:(

Decided to finally pull the trigger on trading it in.

Lots of reasons why. Wife & I plan on starting a family soon ... got into a brand new (and first) home a couple months ago ... also, I would have needed to pay $500+ to get it "back up to code" (HID bulb went out a couple weeks ago (received 2 warnings in the last 2 weeks from HighwayPatrol), due for a synthetic change, emissions sticker & registration sticker expired last month ... I even think my CV boot/joint was needing repair). Gas prices aren't exactly helping things either.

I can't say I didn't get the most I could out of it. Drove it down to Florida for coastal driving a couple times ... also took it down to Corpus last year and had an absolute blast driving along the bay & Port Aransas. My cousin from Europe always wanted to drive it since I bought it, and he finally got the chance to a couple weeks back when he was visiting.

I got an '04 Accord. Funny thing ... my first thought when drove it off the lot and looked down at the gauge cluster: "Boy, do I miss that digital speedo". It takes me a split second to actually determine how fast I'm going. :p

I never said much here, but I visited the boards at least 3 or 4 times a day during the workweek and always waved at fellow owners whenever I had the opportunity. You guys always kept me entertained. I appreciate Bassoclone for selling me a voodoo knob a year or so back. I absolutely loved it.

I promise to return. Probably pick one up a few years down the line with some miles on it.

CosmosMpower 06-16-2008 07:37 AM

Not a bad choice overall, the Accord is really good reliable transportation and I bet you'll enjoy the extra space. I think you should be able to get a replacement HID bulb for much less than $500 though. That must be dealer full price mark-up, but you can actually get replacements at Napa etc for $120 or so and probably $50 or less on Ebay.

Congrats on the new house and new family.

Colby 06-16-2008 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower,Jun 16 2008, 07:37 AM
Not a bad choice overall, the Accord is really good reliable transportation and I bet you'll enjoy the extra space. I think you should be able to get a replacement HID bulb for much less than $500 though. That must be dealer full price mark-up, but you can actually get replacements at Napa etc for $120 or so and probably $50 or less on Ebay.

Congrats on the new house and new family.

I was meaning $500+ total for all the work needed (bulb replacement, oil change, window stickers, etc.) I was getting quotes anywhere from $250 to $300 (incl. labor) for the HID. Lowest I could find it for purchase myself was $160/$170. My problem is that I'm really not "car smart", and I heard and read on the boards that unless you know what you're doing, you should have a pro take care of it.

Re: the Accord, I look at it as though I got to drive the car I always wanted for the last 2+ years, so I'm at the point where I simply want something to get me from A to B in comfort without worrying about it falling apart.

I do enjoy enjoy the reduction in road noise, not that it ever bothered me in the S. I just kinda forgot how quiet a car can be. : P

Temming 06-16-2008 09:31 AM

Good luck on the new purchase. Remember, you are always welcome here.

lonestarbuzz 06-16-2008 09:51 AM

congrats on the new house. good luck with the family.

Elistan 06-16-2008 10:55 AM

Keep in touch - I'm curious if/when you'll be missing the S2000 at a future date. ;)

And you're right about the HID repair - 20,000 volts from the ballast isn't something to mess with. Could be deadly.

CosmosMpower 06-16-2008 12:51 PM

[QUOTE=Elistan,Jun 16 2008, 12:55 PM] Keep in touch - I'm curious if/when you'll be missing the S2000 at a future date.