Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

What Honda Dealership do ya'll use

Old 11-13-2006, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Honda Dealership do ya'll use

Just wondering what dealer ya'll go to for service or if ya'll take it to some other shop that ya'll trust.

What about body and audio shops

Trying to compile a list of places people like so in the event that I suddenly need to use one I've already got a list of places to go instead of waiting till the last minute
Old 11-14-2006, 10:43 AM

Dealer-Alternative off of White Settement (Formerly Honda-Auto). Certified honda tech owned, and service for about 60% dealer cost.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You used "dealer" and "trust" in the same sentence. That made me chuckle.

Here's just another example of why I don't trust dealers...
A buddy of mine took his Accord into the dealer for an oil change. The dealer tells him, "Your front brake pads have about 10-15% left on them. We can replace them for you." Wisely, he says, "No, thanks."

He later buys a new set of pads and asks me to help him install them. When we install them, we find that the old pads had almost 70% of their life left in them. If he had listened to the dealer, they would've charged him about $100 to replace the pads (which we did in under 30 minutes), then they would've tossed the old pads that still had most of their usable material remaining.

If you have a garage at your house/apartment, I say: "Buy a Helm's Service manual and take the money that you would've given to the dealer for service and use it to buy tools to do the work yourself." In the end, you'll know that the job was done right, plus you'll have a buttload of cool tools.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:38 AM

I would but not only do I not have a garage(well I can use my parents) but more importantly I am most definately not mechanically inclined.

I can change a tire, wash and do very basic stuff but other than that no dice.

As far as audio who would you recommend.

Kind of trying to get a feel for who everyone feels comfortable with.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:55 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Danny's import service in Lewisville is great, I asked them to change the coolant on the S and he told me to check the last time it was done. Sure enough it was done at 45k and he told me it's a 100K interval service and to do it later.

They also only work on honda/acuras and have a lot of people bring their S's there.

As far as audio try Earmark in Plano.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:58 AM

Cool. I'll have to check them out.

I'm thinking about getting my oil, differential and everything else changed out at once to start fresh.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lookin4as2k,Nov 14 2006, 02:58 PM
Cool. I'll have to check them out.

I'm thinking about getting my oil, differential and everything else changed out at once to start fresh.
I think they reccomend leaving the oil in for a few thousand miles because there are some additives that help the engine break in properly (at least that's what Mazda does). I'd change everything out at about 3000 miles and then do the oil every 3000-4000 and the diff/tranny every 10K or as needed during the autocross season.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:12 PM

Also, you're suppose to use the honda oil until 10K, then you can switch to Synthetic... check the users manual for more info on that.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:51 PM

Yea the car already has 12k on it so I'm well past all the initial stages of breaking in and stuff.

After looking at some of the faqs on fluids the only one I didn't really see a definitive answer for was tranny fluid. I heard some used the honda one and some other type and was wondering what ya'll used especially since our weather is so tempramental
Old 11-15-2006, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lookin4as2k,Nov 14 2006, 05:51 PM
Yea the car already has 12k on it so I'm well past all the initial stages of breaking in and stuff.

After looking at some of the faqs on fluids the only one I didn't really see a definitive answer for was tranny fluid. I heard some used the honda one and some other type and was wondering what ya'll used especially since our weather is so tempramental
We use Mobil 1 10W30 oil, Honda MTF, Mobil 1 75W90 diff fluid and Valvoline Synpower DOT 4 brake fluid.

Quick Reply: What Honda Dealership do ya'll use