UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

★★ Silverstone Classic ★★ - Fri 28th to Sun 30th July *

Old 05-24-2017, 03:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can you add me for Friday/Saturday please, just need to buy tickets now (and confirm with work that I can take that Friday off)
Old 05-30-2017, 11:26 PM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Is it worth going for two days? i wanted to come on the Saturday but seems I've left it too late as the Saturday tickets have sold out. Although i can get a two day ticket but wondering if its actually worth going for a second day
Old 05-31-2017, 02:06 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tickets purchased! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Will be working at the Jet Village Green on both mornings, but will make sure I spend time on the stand both days
Old 05-31-2017, 02:39 AM
Community Organizer

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by har-vey
Is it worth going for two days? i wanted to come on the Saturday but seems I've left it too late as the Saturday tickets have sold out. Although i can get a two day ticket but wondering if its actually worth going for a second day
It's a good question. I was there three years ago for both Sat and Sun and... to be honest... I began to think the 2nd day was "a bit samey". So this year I am going Friday, Saturday and Sunday! Deep end anyone?
The evening entertainment was superb so I definitely recommend you stay for that. If you like watching lots and lots and lots of motor racing then you will be in for a treat.
And when you want to relax and put your feet up the S2KUK stand will welcome you.

I am sure two days is worth it. Shame you missed the early bird discount.

Steve
Old 05-31-2017, 04:23 AM

I get bored easily so i just bought a ticket for the Sunday. Would have preferred to come on the Saturday but it was 'sold out' even though you can buy a two day pass......

Mods if i can change to a Saturday I'm happy to pay the additional if not then ill see everyone on the Sunday
Old 05-31-2017, 04:25 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Friday is qualifying and the best day for wandering around the pits and garages. Saturday and Sunday now have different race programmes so you have to do both if you want to see it all.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:22 AM
Community Organizer

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by minvo
It's a good question. I was there three years ago for both Sat and Sun and... to be honest... I began to think the 2nd day was "a bit samey". So this year I am going Friday, Saturday and Sunday! Deep end anyone?
The evening entertainment was superb so I definitely recommend you stay for that. If you like watching lots and lots and lots of motor racing then you will be in for a treat.
And when you want to relax and put your feet up the S2KUK stand will welcome you.

I am sure two days is worth it. Shame you missed the early bird discount.

Steve
I totally agree! Two days means you can get a decent amount of racing watched, get ample time for walking about and checking out the pits and club displays but also time to hang out with people and have a chat (and some Pimms). Live music is definitely worth hanging about for!!

Today is the last day for the advance club package which is still a bit cheaper too
Old 05-31-2017, 06:59 AM

Your all tempting me to change the ticket and get a saturday/sunday ticket. hmmmm
Old 05-31-2017, 09:18 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Saturday is also the biggest car club day, so the most cars we can't afford, to look at. They are also trying to get 50 XJ220s together on the track
Old 06-03-2017, 01:02 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Seriously, you should go all THREE days if you can.

Apart from the racing, the Sat night entertainment is EPIC

Quick Reply: ★★ Silverstone Classic ★★ - Fri 28th to Sun 30th July *