UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Yorkshire Pub Meet (inc Free Drink!) - Thursday 17th May

Old 02-27-2018, 02:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink Yorkshire Pub Meet (inc Free Drink!) - Thursday 17th May

Not that Yorkshire folk are tight (just a southern rumour) but hope the free drink may tempt you. I put up a thread last year but hoping for more success this year. Apparently 8.3 % of the UK population live in Yorkshire, in 2017 there were 6079 S2k’s registered in the UK (excluding SORN), which means a rough estimate of 504 S2ks on the roadin Yorkshire - so come on get them out !

The geographic centre of Yorkshire is the village of Hessay, East of York so may have been a location given a suitable venue. However only a few miles south and handier for any using the motorway network is The Owl at Hambleton, YO8 9JH. On the A63, Easy to find, good car park, food etc. Close to the A19, the A1(M) and Jct 32A of M62.

www.owlhotelpub.co.uk

Check out the website, register your details and get a voucher for a free drink for the S2K pub meet! What could be better?

Date: Thursday 17 May 2018. 7.30pm. Get it in the diary now and hopefully we can make this a regular meet. Come on, get out the S for an evening drive or come along in the daily if you prefer. Now over to you! In order to gauge viability for this first meet please register interest on this thread.

Last edited by minvo; 02-27-2018 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yorkshire pub meet

Hi mate,I would like to come to this meet at The Owl, Hambleton, I have had the car almost two years now and kept looking fora local meet.I live in Wakefield so its perfect for me,lets hope we can get some more interest and i will keep my eye on progress.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:33 AM

That's gravy to me Yorkshire Pud, thanks for your confirmed interest, plenty of time for more yet - fingers crossed. Venue could be varied according to attendees location, let's see what happens.
Are you taking the short hop up the A1 to Sports Cars in the Park ( Newby Hall, 6th May)? 4 S2k's so far and a good day by all accounts.
Similar to you I've had the S since late '16, it's a MY04 summer w/e toy and only been used in summer for all but its first two years of life. I've attended some of the national events last year - Oulton Park Gold Cup, MM Wales and off to Norwich MM in May but would love something local on a regular basis hence the post. Pub meets appear to be a success " Darn Sarth" so why not here?
If you want to exchange more details drop me a PM.

Come on you Yorkshire folk lets get that ball rolling!
Old 03-01-2018, 01:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I'm from washington, bit further up north. I may be able to make it down to this meet, haven't been to any yet and this is the closest I've seen
Old 03-02-2018, 01:58 AM

Hi Nitrex, you are more than welcome, would be great to have you there for the first meet. A decent run for you, watch out for those pesky vans on the A19 bridges! As I said in first post we can perhaps adjust venue for subsequent meets. Rgds Ian
Old 03-03-2018, 07:33 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Good start Ian - only 501 to go

Would you like a facebook event set up on the S2KUK fb page too?
Old 03-03-2018, 09:20 AM

Thanks Ian, will keep plodding away and hopefully have a successful meet. Any input welcome ! Not on FB myself so not sure about monitoring and updates of such. Please go ahead if it will generate interest.

Maybe I overestimated number of S2k's in Yorkshire! ..... but 1% will make an interesting meet.
Rgds Ian.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by iandp
Thanks Ian, will keep plodding away and hopefully have a successful meet. Any input welcome ! Not on FB myself so not sure about monitoring and updates of such. Please go ahead if it will generate interest.

Maybe I overestimated number of S2k's in Yorkshire! ..... but 1% will make an interesting meet.
Rgds Ian.
No worries, I can do it.... can also email out to relevant postcodes using S2KUK club database - just email me relevant first letters of postcode
Old 03-16-2018, 04:17 PM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

The 18th is a Friday...
Old 03-17-2018, 05:37 AM

Thanks H10NDR
Correct, this is of course Thursday 17th May. Hopefully the post can be edited to 17th. Other material states correct date. See you there?

Rgds
Ian

Quick Reply: Yorkshire Pub Meet (inc Free Drink!) - Thursday 17th May