UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

★ MegaMeet 17 ★ - Up Norf ** Fri Sept 28th - Mon Oct 1st 2018 **

Old 08-05-2018, 02:44 PM
Community Organizer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by martin j
What time will dinner be available till on the Friday night? Don’t want to arrive and the kitchen is shut so may be able to leave work early if required to reach the hotel in good time, if the boss is in a good mood!
We will put some more information up nearer the time regarding food served until time - its still in discussion given there are rather a lot of us to feed and lots of people travelling !!
Old 08-06-2018, 07:07 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

50 CARS
Old 08-07-2018, 11:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi. If I were to come for just the Saturday drive and coffee, at what time and where do I need to meet? I've had mine 2 years and only seen a handful of others. I'd sure like to see over 50 S2000s.
First post, thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum. There is so much information, I've never needed to ask a question before!
The following users liked this post:
kippaxni (09-14-2018)
Old 08-08-2018, 05:12 AM

Received 245 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by MissBabyCar
We will put some more information up nearer the time regarding food served until time - its still in discussion given there are rather a lot of us to feed and lots of people travelling !!
Think I’ll have pebbles the afternoon off regardless so we can have a gentle! run down, a relax and maybe a drink before dinner, will keep watching for more info as it appears, going to be busy weekend. Thanks for the update.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:50 PM
Community Organizer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by J.J.McClure
Hi. If I were to come for just the Saturday drive and coffee, at what time and where do I need to meet? I've had mine 2 years and only seen a handful of others. I'd sure like to see over 50 S2000s.
First post, thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum. There is so much information, I've never needed to ask a question before!
Hi There
We will be meeting in the hotel car park, Shap Wells Hotel, for a briefing before we set out which is usually around 8.15/8.30am. The driving day is organised in groups, no madness or tricks, and the coffee and lunch stops are all organised for us. It is a pretty full day and usually in the region of 160-180 miles drive for the day.
Guess much will depend on where you are based and how pooped you may feel - there are options if you wanted to perhaps stay for the dinner on the Saturday evening and have accommodation (or if you wanted to organise your own near by that is entirely down to you). But the sooner we know the easier it is for us as organisers to confirm numbers with venues !
Hope that helps
MBC

Old 08-09-2018, 04:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks MBC. I'm about 2 hours away, so not impossible, but think I'll put some cash aside to do it properly next year. It's just been insurance and TCT replacement time so feeling a bit skint.
Next years the 20th anniversary, I'm sure summat will be going on. Hope you all have a good run, some great roads up there. JJ
Old 08-10-2018, 08:17 AM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by J.J.McClure
Thanks MBC. I'm about 2 hours away, so not impossible, but think I'll put some cash aside to do it properly next year. It's just been insurance and TCT replacement time so feeling a bit skint.
Next years the 20th anniversary, I'm sure summat will be going on. Hope you all have a good run, some great roads up there. JJ
If you’re that close, circa 2 hrs, and haven’t been to a Megameet before, it would be a great way for you to get a feel of just how good these events are.......and doing it on the cheap as a Saturday drive only. (£60). You need to do it. For the record it costs us guys from NI about between £600 and £1k to do a Megameet. Count yourself lucky you’re only a 2 Hr drive away.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Registered and paid up. Looking forward to it!
Old 08-26-2018, 02:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Registered and paid so if anybody is going from the Reading area
perhaps we can meet up
Old 08-26-2018, 01:09 PM
S40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Tee Jay
I'm in Bracknell, so would be great to drive up together.
I'll pm you nearer the time.
Anybody else travelling from Berkshire / South East who wants to convoy up?
Cheers.

Quick Reply: ★ MegaMeet 17 ★ - Up Norf ** Fri Sept 28th - Mon Oct 1st 2018 **