Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > International Communities > UK & Ireland S2000 Community > UK & Ireland Meets and Events
Reload this Page >

Club Meet: Dunsfold Wings and Wheels - Sat 15th & Sun 16th June

UK & Ireland Meets and Events Let's all meet up in our S2000s!
Check out the List of Meets See what's on, meet other owners or organise a get together yourself!

Club Meet: Dunsfold Wings and Wheels - Sat 15th & Sun 16th June

Old 03-25-2019, 04:32 AM
Community Organizer

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Note this will be the very last Dunsfold Wings and Wheels. See below for announcement from the organisers. What better way to spend Fathers Day weekend

"Wings & Wheels is delighted to confirm the Red Arrows will be headlining the air display on Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th June (Father’s Day) as the team returns for the fifteenth and final airshow at Dunsfold Aerodrome in Surrey.
The Wings & Wheels team has taken the decision to celebrate and go out on a high in their old June spot and bid farewell with the nine-aircraft formation, officially known as the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, taking centre stage.
Jamie McAllister, Event Director comments: “It is a special year, tinged with sadness, as we celebrate returning to our original June spot for our fifteenth event having made the decision to make this our last but greatest show. We are thrilled the Red Arrows will be headlining Wings & Wheels before heading off on their North America tour over the summer. It has not been an easy decision to say goodbye to Wings & Wheels but, like other airshows, it has been challenging to keep putting on the best airshow we can in the current aviation and economic climate. We hope all our loyal visitors will join us in our final hurrah – we are going to make it a good one!”
Old 03-29-2019, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would like to do Saturday, put us down as a strong possible,

Last edited by andy2000; 03-29-2019 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:59 AM
Community Organizer

Hi Mike
You'll need to register and pay before end of April to secure a space. Will be good to see you there.
Andy
Old 04-01-2019, 04:24 AM
Community Organizer

Reminder: we're in the last month to get registered for tickets for this event. We need a minimum of 12 cars on each day to have a stand for ourselves. If we don't reach that then we'll still be able too participate but we'll be in the general wheels zone.

Don't forget its also the last one they'll do
Old 04-02-2019, 09:12 AM

I just got an email from the organisers, they are letting people know this week if they have been chosen to enter the runway motoring demonstration. I've somehow managed to be accepted. :-)
Hopefully, a few others may have been too. Time to get the Test pipe on the car.

Andy, if you are short on numbers I don't mind buying a ticket to make sure there's a club stand.

Cheers Stu
Old 04-02-2019, 11:38 AM
Community Organizer

That's great news Stu no pressure but the S2K record is 124mph.

Lets see how much the take up is. If we are at 10 or 11 cars then I may take you up on your offer. Although it's not as popular as it's been in previous years for us, but that maybe due to the change of date. Lets see where we are at the end of the month. Whatever happens, we will have a presence, even if it is in the general paddock, if that happens we can at least convoy in and park together.

A
Old 04-03-2019, 11:56 PM
Community Organizer

Thinking of switching this over to just Sunday attendace which might give us more chance of securing a dedicated stand. What does everyone think ?

Stu. Is your runway display Sat, sun or both days ?

Edit - just spoken to Tonytail and we'll both move to Sunday.
This won't stop anyone going Saturday, it just means you will likely be placed in the general wheels zone. If we do get a surge in requests for Saturday and meet the minimum requirement we'll still try for a club stand.

Last edited by andy2000; 04-04-2019 at 02:35 AM.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by andy2000 View Post
Thinking of switching this over to just Sunday attendace which might give us more chance of securing a dedicated stand. What does everyone think ?

Stu. Is your runway display Sat, sun or both days ?

Edit - just spoken to Tonytail and we'll both move to Sunday.
This won't stop anyone going Saturday, it just means you will likely be placed in the general wheels zone. If we do get a surge in requests for Saturday and meet the minimum requirement we'll still try for a club stand.
Great, was thinking I was going to be on my own
Old 04-06-2019, 03:49 AM

I've only got a runway pass for the saturday, I could come back up on Sunday to make up numbers
Old 04-15-2019, 03:49 AM
Community Organizer

Reminder that there are only a few more weeks to sign up for this. I must order tickets on 30th April to secure our club stand.

We are going to only have a club stand on Sunday, but you'll still be able to park in the Wheels Zone if you can only make Saturday.

We also have 2 cars running in the runway display.
  • Lber657 (also known as Stu) will be driving on Saturday
  • Bradders39 (aka Nigel) will be driving on the Sunday.
Last Dunsfold ever

Quick Reply: Club Meet: Dunsfold Wings and Wheels - Sat 15th & Sun 16th June

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands