UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

JDM Combe (Castle Coombe) - Sat 10th June *

Old 05-04-2017, 03:09 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You're welcome Burnsy Did I meet you at Japfest? Can't remember... Either way if you want a hand doing some spanner work and saving yourself a bit of a garage bill, i'm more than happy to come and give you a hand, or you can bring your car round to my garage! My mate and I gave my S the full works a few weeks ago (every oil and filter and fluid changed!) so I now know my way around the S reasonably well, and brake bleeding is pretty easy!

I just noticed the price goes up by a fiver per session after 11am, presumably because they know you'll be going round in front of all the punters! Cheeky sods. I'm potentially going to look to book the 11am experienced slot and the 1.30pm experienced slot - does that work for anyone else? Like I said happy to go out in a novice session with everyone else if thats the general opinion!!
Old 05-04-2017, 03:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AMBurnsy
Let me know if you find anything out Aaron, I might call em on lunch and see if prices change on the day. If they are the same as booking early then I'll get it when at JDM.
Rather pay less than £100 for a short under 1 hour session than £170 for a whole day which my car isn't exactly prepared for yet
I have a reply:

On the day, track time will not be discounted, and the reduced track time price will be increasing end of next week to an extra £5, so I would advise booking asap.

What you doing about track day insurance?
Old 05-04-2017, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Matt1783
You're welcome Burnsy Did I meet you at Japfest? Can't remember... Either way if you want a hand doing some spanner work and saving yourself a bit of a garage bill, i'm more than happy to come and give you a hand, or you can bring your car round to my garage! My mate and I gave my S the full works a few weeks ago (every oil and filter and fluid changed!) so I now know my way around the S reasonably well, and brake bleeding is pretty easy!

I just noticed the price goes up by a fiver per session after 11am, presumably because they know you'll be going round in front of all the punters! Cheeky sods. I'm potentially going to look to book the 11am experienced slot and the 1.30pm experienced slot - does that work for anyone else? Like I said happy to go out in a novice session with everyone else if thats the general opinion!!
Hi Matt, where's your garage? Also do you need a helmet? What track insurance do you use? And finally, have you booked a ticket on the s2kuk stand?
Old 05-04-2017, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Childsy
Hi Matt, where's your garage? Also do you need a helmet? What track insurance do you use? And finally, have you booked a ticket on the s2kuk stand?
I'm in Basingstoke mate - Not far from you at all!

You absolutely will need a helmet, but the track will have them for hire if you don't have / can't borrow your own. Usually helmet hire is around a tenner I think, may be different. Passenger bands are a fiver.

In terms of insurance... Honestly, I wouldn't bother. You're more likely to have an accident on the way to or from the track than you are to come off on the day, if you're careful and have your wits about you in terms of other drivers, you'll no have an issue Usually the prices for track insurance are prohibitively expensive and the excesses can be enormous!

Booking my tickets tonight, was waiting on a reply from everyone re: track time first
Old 05-04-2017, 08:23 AM

Thanks for the advice Matt I need to book track time really!
Old 05-04-2017, 02:00 PM

Come on people, book your tickets using S2kUk code please! Need a good turnout! Don't want to be out numbered by the likes of the 350z's and DC5's again!
Old 05-04-2017, 02:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just waiting to see if my friends having a stand, otherwise will book.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt, yeah it was me and you chatting before we both left Japfest. I managed to get out via the tunnel too by following a GTR through the fences!

Yeah I'll be keen for an S2000 garage day, maybe before JDM? I am Weston super Mare so we can make a day of it if Aaron wants to join and cruise on down?
Will gladly sort you out some cash if you want to have a look at the brake fluid for me? I'm 99% sure it hasn't been done in the last 12 months.

Also, someone asked about a helmet? I will be taking mine up, if I dont go out on track your more than welcome to borrow it, its a midget size one for a pea head though! lol
Old 05-05-2017, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by AMBurnsy
Matt, yeah it was me and you chatting before we both left Japfest. I managed to get out via the tunnel too by following a GTR through the fences!

Yeah I'll be keen for an S2000 garage day, maybe before JDM? I am Weston super Mare so we can make a day of it if Aaron wants to join and cruise on down?
Will gladly sort you out some cash if you want to have a look at the brake fluid for me? I'm 99% sure it hasn't been done in the last 12 months.
Yeah sure mate we can sort a garage day out, no problems! If you and Aaron want to pop over there's plenty of parking at my place and I've got quite a few tools, lots of detailing stuff, etc Don't need to sort me out any cash fella - glad to be able to help other forum members out!
Old 05-05-2017, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fair play, ice creams are on me if the sun is out at JDM then!
Drop me a Whatsapp message mate and we can review a day when Childsy is free if he is up for it too?

Last edited by AMBurnsy; 05-05-2017 at 02:30 AM.

Quick Reply: JDM Combe (Castle Coombe) - Sat 10th June *