UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Yorkshire Pub Meet (inc Free Drink!) - Thursday 17th May

Old 04-11-2018, 02:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CMGSound
Been wishing there was an informal
meet closer to home for a while now. Will be great to come along, and nice to see another Wakey owner on the list too! Owned the S for 3yrs now and a member for as long. First meet though!
Thanks for making the effort Ian.
Hi CMGSound, thanks for reply and your appreciation. Like yourself was frustrated at lack of meets in the area, good to see the meet is still generating interest and that can only lead to more local events. If you are free the week before get yourself up to Sports Cars in the Park at Newby Hall, only 45 mins up the A1 from you and a good S2KUK turnout already. see details on "UK meets/events" forum.
Look forward to seeing you at The Owl on 17th May.

PS. isn't "Aye up" as in Geordie Aye Man? What about Yorkshire "Ey up"?
Rgds
Ian
Old 04-12-2018, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iandp
Hi CMGSound, thanks for reply and your appreciation. Like yourself was frustrated at lack of meets in the area, good to see the meet is still generating interest and that can only lead to more local events. If you are free the week before get yourself up to Sports Cars in the Park at Newby Hall, only 45 mins up the A1 from you and a good S2KUK turnout already. see details on "UK meets/events" forum.
Look forward to seeing you at The Owl on 17th May.

PS. isn't "Aye up" as in Geordie Aye Man? What about Yorkshire "Ey up"?
Rgds
Ian

Thanks Ian, I’ll see what I can do with the Newby Hall event, May is looking busy but might be possible for me to get there.
Looking forward to the 17th, although I don’t think my ‘S’ will be as pristine as others!

You got me on the Yorkshire dialect, apologies! Although I’ve been here since ‘95 I sadly can’t claim to be a true Yorkshireman. Is there such a thing as ‘Honorary Yorkshireman’ ?!
Old 04-21-2018, 04:21 AM

Put me down for coming should be able to make it. Just moved to Colne but will be a good drive out.
Old 04-21-2018, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo_sloth
Put me down for coming should be able to make it. Just moved to Colne but will be a good drive out.
Hi Turbo_sloth
Wrong side of the border but we'll make an exception! Enjoy the drive over. I actually know Colne pretty well - was born there! Lived in Brierfield, went to Nelson Grammar and Nelson & Colne College. Be good to catch up, see you on 17th.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:29 AM

Quick reminder for the 17th May. Have sent PM to all those who registered interest/confirmed attendance - (9 in total)
However, Hybrid182 I have been unable to send you a PM, so maybe you could check your account settings or just let me know via this forum.

Weather forecast is good so should be a pleasant top down evening drive.

Regards
Ian
Old 05-03-2018, 06:12 AM

Quick reminder for the 17th May. Have sent PM to all those who registered interest/confirmed attendance - (9 in total)
However, Hybrid182 & Kris269 I have been unable to send you a PM, so maybe you could check your account settings or just let me know via this forum.

Weather forecast is good so should be a pleasant top down evening drive.

Regards
Ian
Old 05-16-2018, 01:52 AM

Hi Ian yes we will be there
Old 05-16-2018, 04:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

unfortunately I won't be able to make it tomorrow. I contracted food poisoning whilst on holiday and still not fit and able.

gutted I can't be there but hopefully will get to the next one.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:34 PM

We are planning to attend with my 2005 S2000 from Sheffield - I did email I was coming back in March but it may have got lost! We’ve had our Moonrock grey S2000 since 2012 and have never been to a meet! Thanks for organising one within striking distance. Hope to see you tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by ROCKLANDS
We are planning to attend with my 2005 S2000 from Sheffield - I did email I was coming back in March but it may have got lost! We’ve had our Moonrock grey S2000 since 2012 and have never been to a meet! Thanks for organising one within striking distance. Hope to see you tomorrow.
Hi to all who have expressed interest. The weather looks good for tomorrow evening so should be a pleasant top down drive and a healthy turn out.
I intend to be there from 7pm.
Food available for all who require it.

Rocklands, thx for getting in touch, look forward to seeing you tmrw.
An informal evening, get to know each other, some S2K discussion and plans for the next meet.

Rgds
Ian

Quick Reply: Yorkshire Pub Meet (inc Free Drink!) - Thursday 17th May