Old 05-03-2017, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All booked up for 10th June
Old 05-03-2017, 01:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 05-03-2017, 11:31 PM

Done! Paid up!
Can you buy track time at the event and if so is it the same price? I want to see what weather is like on the day and also ensure im in a session with as few people as possible (my first time and also my daily)
All advice welcome from any experienced track goers thanks.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by AMBurnsy
Done! Paid up!
Can you buy track time at the event and if so is it the same price? I want to see what weather is like on the day and also ensure im in a session with as few people as possible (my first time and also my daily)
All advice welcome from any experienced track goers thanks.
Great I'd imagine not buying track time in advance would mean you'd miss out on the club stand discount but I will find out. Track is going to be busy throughout the day which is why I'm saving my first track day for a random midweek day.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:23 AM

I just don't want to be spending £100's. But the offers on that day are only £30 for 15mins.
That is kinda all I want really, a sample to see if its something I would like to pursue, the normal Castle Coombe days are like £170 for the day which is a bit of a jump in the deep end... Love racing and always karting, but this is a new area.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by AMBurnsy
I just don't want to be spending £100's. But the offers on that day are only £30 for 15mins.
That is kinda all I want really, a sample to see if its something I would like to pursue, the normal Castle Coombe days are like £170 for the day which is a bit of a jump in the deep end... Love racing and always karting, but this is a new area.
Yes that's very true, for that price it's ideal. I may even join you on track as it's something I want to start doing to.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:52 AM

Let me know if you find anything out Aaron, I might call em on lunch and see if prices change on the day. If they are the same as booking early then I'll get it when at JDM.
Rather pay less than £100 for a short under 1 hour session than £170 for a whole day which my car isn't exactly prepared for yet
Old 05-04-2017, 02:57 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll be there!

Guys I've been at Combe 4-5 times on track before, just do it; you honestly won't regret it! My only piece of advice would be to do two sessions; the first one you'll be finding your feet and where you're comfortable and it'l all seem like it was over before it began. In the second session you'll remember your lines and get the hang of it quicker, and then be able to begin exploring the car a little more.

I'd also advise a change or brake fluid if it hasn't been done in the last 12 months, otherwise you could end up with a sponge of a brake pedal on the way home!

I'll be out on track a couple of times Happy to go out in one of the novice sessions and we can all get in a line and you can follow my lines if you like.. Not saying they'll be any good mind!
Old 05-04-2017, 03:03 AM

Thanks Matt, much appreciate the feedback. Gonna pop in the garage in a few weeks, check brake pads, change brake fluids all the other standards (oil check, wheel alignment etc).
Then will decide closer to the day on track time, possibly even book it on the day when there.

Quick Reply: JDM Combe (Castle Coombe) - Sat 10th June *