UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Nurburgring 9th September 2009

Old 08-27-2009, 02:16 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Talking Nurburgring 9th September 2009

Kotaro Yamamoto who was Uehara san's translator at Euromeet, and original test driver of the S2000 (who bought one immediately after Euromeet!) Lives in Germany, and following the Japan Tour we went on needs another little fix with the S2000.

Kotaro also used to race for Honda R&D racing team in Europe, so he is a seasoned 'ring driver. He is also a very nice guy, extremely helpful and a nice guy to have around.

He has invited everyone who wants to attend to the Nurburgring, from all European S2000 Communities. Please see his email below.

Hello everybody,

I hope you are all doing well. I am still somewhere between Japan and the bush of KwaZulu Natal in South Africa, waking up from a nightmare from time to time that my S2000 was stolen in Japan or the lion finally got me (these were real dreams I had after my experiences). Anyway, I am not yet ready for may daily reality and therefore I need to organise our next small event.

Yes, it's the Nuerburgring. There is just one day this year, where the Ring opens its gate for tourists to go on the old course the whole day on a weekday. This has huge advantages. It is not so crowded like on a weekend and much less motorcycles on the track.

Date is: Wednesday 09.09.09 (good date to remember) from 8:00 - 19:30 (old course) and 18:00 - 20:00 (Grand Prix course for those who want escape zones)

There is also some track hours the evening before on Tuesday 08.09.09 from 17:15 - 19:30 which can be used as well for all those arriving the day before. Pensions are available for approximately 40-55 Euro per room (double room) including breakfast. I know some of them so if you need a room just give me a call or ask at the tourist office of Nuerburgring yourself.

I have asked our Honda R&D Europe racing team (Team Honda Challenge) and some of them will join as well, so we can use the workshop for some minor maintenance if necessary.

I will move to the ring the day before and will stay overnight, have my obligatory Cordon-Bleu at Restaurant Gilles in Muellenbach as I always did before a race. It would be great if you would join as well and have some exciting laps on the legendary Ring.

More information you will find (price, how to travel, etc) here -> http://www.nuerburgring.de/en.html

Looking forward to meet you all there soon.

Ko.