UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Yorkshire Hoon/Meet - Sat 1st February *

Old 01-17-2014, 03:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yorkshire Hoon/Meet - Sat 1st February *

Hey Guys,

R.O Detailing are arranging a simple meet/hoon around the Yorkshire dales! if you want some come then please let me know! we currently have 20+ people attending from various Z4, TT owners clubs and would love to welcome you guys to the event!

DATE is Saturday 1st February
starting location is confirmed as the Black Horse in Skipton!
Time 10am

Map now complete
Final route has now been completed! get it checked out and make sure you are familiar with the route!
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msi...24b2f5c2&msa=0

https://www.facebook.com/events/1439761969575953/

PLEASE READ! VERY IMPORTANT RULES FOR THE DAY! THESE MUST BE READ!

R.O Detailing endorses safe driving in all our events. We are careful to plan trips that adhere to proper safe driving guidelines and the enjoyment of our trips. We encourage all our members to drive safely. Members are responsible for their own road safety on trips by obeying the driving laws of our country or the region we take our trips in. You as a licensed driver in your car carry the responsibility to obey all local traffic laws.
Below you will find a set of guidelines called Road Rules that we recommend for our outings and day trips, since traveling as large groups of enthusiasts to a destination can be a challenge.

Road Rules - Tips for Safe Driving during a club drive

One of the most enjoyable aspects of driving together in a group or caravan. The following is a simple set of Rules and Guidelines that will ENSURE a FUN and SAFE TOUR.

Remember the basics - Vision and Control

It is important on a group drive to keep your vision up and ahead. It is all too easy to end up just watching the car in front of you instead of looking ahead to see where the road is going and what lies ahead in traffic.
A group of just 20 cars can stretch over 1-2 miles of road. If the group is too large, divide into 2 or more groups of 10 or less if possible, each with a Head or Lead car (Engine) and a Tail (Sweep or Caboose) that have CB radios. All other cars with CBs should be interspersed within the group. At no time should any car pass the whole group to reposition to a forward position. This is a caravan NOT a RACE to see who can drive the fastest.

The group will travel in the middle lane or the LEFT lane on a road or motorway so as not to obstruct the flow of traffic.

Use the 3-SECOND RULE to maintain adequate separation and the 4-SECOND RULE when conditions indicate caution. For the 3-SECOND RULE, note a point on the road ahead. When the car in front of you passes it, begin counting "one thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three." If you are maintaining a good interval, you will pass the same point on or after you say "three" and "four" when the going gets tough.

Drive with your RUNNING LIGHTS on for safety and identification.
When traveling though congested areas, parts of the group may become separated. The Lead car, through radio communication, can elect to slow down to let the group catch up, use the BREADCRUMB technique where the last car in the main group stops and waits for the trailing group to reach that point, or stop and pull off the road to regroup.

To REGROUP, the Lead car will look for a shoulder space with adequate clearance for the entire group to pull over. As you come to a stop, TURN YOUR WHEELS toward the road. DO NOT turn off your car or get out of the car. When the Lead and Tail decide the road is clear, the last car will pull out and BLOCK and the group will pull onto the roadway at the SAME TIME. This is why you turn your wheels TOWARD the road when you stop.
When parking in business car parks, pull to the FARTHEST open spot and park HEAD IN in order to get the group safely off the road.

Safety First
It is very difficult to keep a group together in heavy traffic, congested areas, and on major highways. Plan to regroup when that part of the trip is over. Most drives are planned with re-grouping stops along the route.
Be aware of the NO ZONE, the large areas of restricted visibility around large trucks, semi-tractor trailers and buses.
Pass only when legal and safe. Do not pass on double white lines or curves.
If a member of the group wants to pass you - let them, however passing within the club group of cars should not be necessary and is not recommended.

Speed
Stay within the posted speed limits. Our trips are planned to be driven and enjoyed at posted legal speed limits. There is no need to rush or speed to keep up with the lead car or cars ahead of you if you get separated in traffic.
The Lead car will set the pace for the group but it is each drivers responsibility to keep the car behind him or her in sight.

Radios
Use of a CB radio is helpful in maintaining contact in the driving group. This keeps you in touch with the lead car and is a fun way to communicate during the drive. Always be careful using a CB Radio while driving, don't let the radio be a distraction to you while driving.

General Guidelines
Use common sense, be COURTEOUS and follow the law.
Arrive at the starting point on time, with a full tank of petrol and some change for the parking meter.
Be ready to leave on time. Listen carefully at the Drivers Meeting to the description of the route and safety precautions.
Advise the Event Coordinator if you are going to meet the group along the route or leave before the end of the tour.
Always drive within your personal limitations. You have be provided with directions, rest stops and destinations, should you have to leave the group.
If you need to pull over and do not have a radio, do so and turn on your flashers, the Tail or Sweep car will stop behind you.

Tips for the Day of the Event
The Event Coordinator is most often, but not always, the Lead car.
make sure each driver and passenger signs an insurance waiver if applicable, and have a short Drivers Meeting to explain the route and go over safety precautions.
If there are more than 20 cars on the event, try and break up into two or more groups.
Have one or more additional drivers know the route.
Allow for frequent rest stops and avoid rest areas or stops which require the group to cross oncoming traffic. Be aware of changing weather and road conditions and provide for extra stops if necessary.
The Tail or Sweep car must stay in frequent contact with the Lead car in congested areas and let the Lead know when all cars have cleared a controlled intersection, as well as advise the Lead if the pace is too fast or too slow.
Do no pass a car that has pulled over unless they have told you they are dropping out or wave you by.
Be courteous, respectful, and most of all, have a good, SAFE, time.

[hr]Edit by Minvo:
On S2KUK Calendar - Yes
On S2KUK Schedule - Yes
Committee Organised - No
Regional Event Coord Organised - No
Public Roads Included - Yes
Possible Attendees > 12 - Yes
MSA Permit Requested - No
MSA Permit Accepted - N/A
[hr]
Old 01-17-2014, 03:49 AM

That link doesn't work for me either on the mobile site or full one.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Steviebe
sorry about that! all sorted!
Old 01-19-2014, 02:59 AM

I see you've already found this one Steve.

I'll be there so maybe we (The NY S2K Mob) should make this our first weekend hoon.

Cheers

Lew
Old 01-20-2014, 01:21 PM

I'll be attending in the S. Bringing my mate in his 350z too
Old 01-21-2014, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by lifecrisis
I see you've already found this one Steve. I'll be there so maybe we (The NY S2K Mob) should make this our first weekend hoon. Cheers Lew
Yes I will be attending, weather permitting! So unless it's lots of snow and rain.

I climbed Pen-y-Ghent last year and remember the drive from Skipton, Settle to Horton in Ribblesdale being superb. And thinking at the time this must be done again in the S :-)
Old 01-22-2014, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by lifecrisis
I see you've already found this one Steve. I'll be there so maybe we (The NY S2K Mob) should make this our first weekend hoon. Cheers Lew
Yes I will be attending, weather permitting! So unless it's lots of snow and rain.

I climbed Pen-y-Ghent last year and remember the drive from Skipton, Settle to Horton in Ribblesdale being superb. And thinking at the time this must be done again in the S :-)
See you at the Black Horse in Skipton Steve
Old 01-24-2014, 04:21 AM

One Week To Go People! Hope you are all ready! there are some interesting roads along the way! Dont forget to bring some change for the machine when you arrive!

Old 01-24-2014, 05:17 AM

I was wondering how we were all going to fit outside that pub!
Old 01-24-2014, 06:31 AM

I was wondering how we were all going to fit outside that pub!
we obtained permission from the local council for us all to park there until about 11am

Quick Reply: Yorkshire Hoon/Meet - Sat 1st February *