UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Yorkshire Pub Meet (inc Free Drink!) - Thursday 17th May

Old 03-18-2018, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Postcode works!

Excellent, I shall be there.
Moved recently to Howden and came across this place:

https://www.waterwheeltearoom.co.uk

Set up for petrolheads with some fine memorabilia and excellent parking. There has already been some classic car meets and it's real easy to find. 10 minutes from J37 on the M62.
Maybe consider for the future if the Owl doesn't quite work out.

Best of luck with this.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hubsy
Excellent, I shall be there.
Moved recently to Howden and came across this place:

https://www.waterwheeltearoom.co.uk

Set up for petrolheads with some fine memorabilia and excellent parking. There has already been some classic car meets and it's real easy to find. 10 minutes from J37 on the M62.
Maybe consider for the future if the Owl doesn't quite work out.

Best of luck with this.
Excellent Hubsy
See you on 17th. Gathering momentum and thanks for future venue suggestion.
Are you off to Newby Hall meet 6th May? Less than an hours for you in the S, about six S2k's attending so far.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:31 AM

Newby Hall...maybe.
Not sure yet due to other commitments, but date noted and will advise nearer the time.
Mark me down as a 'pencil' rather than a felt tip pen.
Could still be snowing of course!
Old 03-21-2018, 09:20 AM

hi Ian will be there. Coming from Castleford and looking forward to it. Going to be my first meet having joined quite recently
Old 03-21-2018, 09:04 PM

Hi Hybrid182, good to hear from you and be great to have you at the meet. Quite a few newcomers /new members and it's also the first pub meet for me, so an informal evening and we can shape things for future meets around everyone's input. See you on the 17th.

Anyone else lurking out there ?
Old 03-24-2018, 01:26 AM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by iandp
Thanks H10NDR
Correct, this is of course Thursday 17th May. Hopefully the post can be edited to 17th. Other material states correct date. See you there?

Rgds
Ian
Hi Ian, Yes I think I can make this one. I'll have to promise the missus a meal at the pub to get us there but it will be worth it. We're in...

I can also confirm I'm going to the Newby Hall CarsInThePark day too. Booked tickets already. Remember everyone, you can't just turn up to this, you need the £7 ticket in your window to park with the S2kUk Club display, otherwise you will have to buy the normal ticket and park outside. I think there are now 7 S2k's confirmed for CarsInThePark already...

Come on people...lets do it...
Old 03-27-2018, 03:03 AM

Hi H10NDR
Great, see you at Newby Hall first then the pub meet, decent numbers for each now. 8 for Newby Hall / Fountains Abbey, hope the sun shines and definitely the case for a decent picnic basket in the boot!
Old 04-02-2018, 09:01 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by iandp
Hi Hybrid182, good to hear from you and be great to have you at the meet. Quite a few newcomers /new members and it's also the first pub meet for me, so an informal evening and we can shape things for future meets around everyone's input. See you on the 17th.

Anyone else lurking out there ?
Another lurker here!

I recently bought myself a 1999 S2000, I've been interested in one of the meets but I'm all the way up in Newcastle. However it turns out I'm in Leeds around this time so was considering sticking around. Is this meet open to everyone? i'm new to this so wasn't sure if i had to be a member or something first.

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2018, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Kris269
Another lurker here!

I recently bought myself a 1999 S2000, I've been interested in one of the meets but I'm all the way up in Newcastle. However it turns out I'm in Leeds around this time so was considering sticking around. Is this meet open to everyone? i'm new to this so wasn't sure if i had to be a member or something first.

Thanks!
Hi Kris269
Thanks for your interest. Yes, the meet is open to everyone with an interest in the S2000. Whether you own one, owned one or a prospective owner. Look forward to seeing you and the S on the 17th May, the venue is handily placed for Leeds.

Rgds
Ian
Old 04-11-2018, 11:43 AM

Default Aye up!

Been wishing there was an informal
meet closer to home for a while now. Will be great to come along, and nice to see another Wakey owner on the list too! Owned the S for 3yrs now and a member for as long. First meet though!
Thanks for making the effort Ian.

Quick Reply: Yorkshire Pub Meet (inc Free Drink!) - Thursday 17th May