UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

15 years and still lovin' it

Old 09-06-2018, 12:35 PM

Received 71 Likes on 61 Posts

The first proper meet down in Beauleiu.

and then one of the real highlights. We skipped the Megameets and went straight to Euromeet. ..which was actually my first time driving abroad in the S.

never wanted that weekend to finish. here's the car in the "UK compound" outside the hotel. Note Richards Rotrex charged beast next to me.

We were so blown away by the whole experience that we went back to the South of France that September. Here are my two mistresses in a rare photograph together.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:39 PM

Its time to test the limits of the car. If only I knew its capabilities the previous year in Italy. Maryam gets a (very) rare opportunity to drive, North Weald airfield.

anyone remember Rob (GuinessTU)'s Suffolk meet ? I remember we really upset some bird spotters at this car park
Old 09-06-2018, 12:46 PM

Heucmanceaux Meet, Sussex. Great weekend organsied by Laserlady staying in the castle. We had so much fun in the science activity centre, demoloshing stuff more than building it. And the look on the pizza delivery guys face when he realised we weren't kidding about the 15 pizzas needed in the field next to the 'giant telescope' was priceless.

and then it's time for the first UK Megameet - MM7 in Wales. A masterclass in sheep avoidance. :lol: Here we are by one of the reservoirs in very apt green t-shirts.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:50 PM

There first of Minvo's many excellent Norfolk meets. Anyone seen the tape measure

followed by a slightly damp MM8 in the Lake District. Still to get that perfect convoy shot How hard can it be ???
Old 09-06-2018, 01:05 PM

Finally managed to get into the paddock at Goodwood Breakfast club, although we did have to arrive at daybreak Some very nice machinery keeping my S company.

Back to Norfolk - Oxburgh Hall this time. Did we submit this for the calendar competition ?

and then a fabulous trip down to the South of France and back with Steve and Sharon (Minvo) taking in Route Napoleon on the return leg.
We arrived at the Med near Beziers to find a Dutch S in the car park. The Dutch seem to be everywhere in Europe in their S2000s.

Lovely shot of us at the Canadian War Memorial near Vimy. Have my 17" rims on by now...

Then it's off to Whitby for MM9. Probably my favourite MM so far. Here we are on Blakey Ridge in the middle of the Moors

and the year ended with the inaugural Surrey Run. Only ever to be repeated once more due to the abundance of cyclists we have down here since the Olympics. Here we are, nowhere near Surrey on top of Ditchling Beacon.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:26 PM

Ace Cafe - these turned out to be some of the best meets. Just wish I could have made a few more. I believe I won "dirtiest car" at one of these and have the trophy to prove it.

There's nothing I love more than mixing S2000s and V-Bombers. We were lucky enough to get to spend the day with this beautiful example of British engineering at its best.

First Silverstone Classic. Was too excited by seeing Bonnie Tyler to take any decent pics..if you haven't been to this it is a MUST !

Another great Norfolk meet, this time with the most frightening teapot rollercoaster ride and some boat racing thrown in...

Joyland , Great Yarmouth next to LeSau's gorgeous GT100

and Captain Mark and first mate Rich3, minus parrot and eye patch. Mark managed to spend the day on top of the water ! (you will of course realise there is no S2000 in this pic but had to put it in)

Our first visit to Dunsfold Wings and Wheels. We took the Best Car Club stand here with our Honda representation of a Vulcan bomber formation

Bucksfez and I and the Rock and Horsepower show in Ewhurst Surrey. this was probably the first time we realised we may have a classic car on our hands as we mixed with the cream of the Ferrari owners club. Thankfully the gazebo saved is from the monsoon that followed..

and what year would be complete without a Megameet... MMX back in North Wales. Evo Triangle here we come....
Old 09-06-2018, 01:39 PM

We're back in Europe. Santander, across the Pyrenees and back up the west coast of France this time with Bucksfez, Rich3 and Minvo. Amazing fun ! The S2000 is just perfect for these roads.

Somewhere in Northern Spain

Here we are at the bottom of the descent from Col de Tormalet cooling our brakes.

Surprisingly that was about it as far as S2000 meets went that year..
Old 09-06-2018, 01:54 PM

Things got busier again.

Venturing North to the Donnington Classic. and a very warm welcome we received . we must head north more often

Tonytail and I were fortunate enough to take part in the Roundel Run to Biggin Hill. Here we are at the start under Concorde at Brooklands.

and another great Norfolk meet. Thanks again to Minvo. It was very tempting to do a few doughnuts outside this castle.

We really are a classic. Our first attendance at the huge Cranleigh Classic Car show in Surrey. We now get invited to this each year and fully intend to be there.

and in the car park at MM13 in Lancaster. A long drive for us but well worth the trip.

Tonytail and I. Pevensey Beach, Sussex. On our way to a hoon across Beach Head.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:03 PM

On the ramp with our good friends at Redhill Honda. Nearly all bushes seized but she's in good shape at 120,000 miles. Keep an eye out for another of these S2000 days in 2019....

On point at the lunch stop. Somerset Megameet 14 - famed for the blocking of the A303 with over 60 cars in convoy side by side. we weren't popular with the holidaymakers.

On tour in Northumberland - on the causeway to Lindisfarne praying she will start before the tide comes in.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:18 PM

and finally to an incredibly busy 2018

The first Surrey pub meet of the year

Thanks to TangoVtec for persuading me to do my fist trackday. Bedford Autodrome on a very cold February morning. I'm still grinning from this one. . Didn't set any track records but there will definitely be more of these.

and Norfolk Meet grows up to be a full blown Megameet. and what a fantastic one it is.

Holkham Hall - MM16

Flying the flag for S2KUK

With Bucksfez on a tour of Normandy. A weekend of chateaus, gourmet food and fine wine. Perfect accompaniment to our S2000s.

Back at Cranleigh Classic Car Show proving that the British weather won't deter owners of Japanese soft top sports cars

and probably our last visit to Dunsfold Honoring the Red Arrows with our Red, White and Blue formation.

Quick Reply: 15 years and still lovin' it