UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

2002 Dilemma

Old 10-19-2001, 03:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Dilemma

I am currently researching which company to order my S2k. A lot of people have suggested Automodena, Alliance and Snoop but they are only a few hundred pounds cheaper than Virgin. I asked Virgin about the way they transport the vehicle: it comes in a sealed container from Europe with protective white sticky film on the body work , which is then delivered to a dealer in London and inspected - It is then delivered to your door via a covered transporter! I am really not sure which company to use!

I'm going round in circles!!!!!

Oh and another thing - Virgin only require
Old 10-19-2001, 05:17 AM

Send it back??? That's gonna be easier said than done!

Often.
Old 10-19-2001, 05:43 AM

Thanks Mrsoften! You always help me!

I have been researching the different companies but I'm really unsure of who to use!

I was quoted
Old 10-19-2001, 08:13 AM

Your thinking about it too much, we are not talking big differences here are we.
Go with the people who seem to give the best information over the phone, do they all let you talk to the dealer direct? do you have to go through them with the order or can you bypass them if anything goes wrong? Will the car be sourced from the same country for each import agent? If no then will the car have to be driven around more? Open top delivery or sealed? Delivery time all the same? Any after service extras? Ask them why they should take your money rather than letting you go to the competition?
Do they itemize the cost i.e. let you pay the VAT yourself after delivery? (good to know if your on a short term budget).

Your likely to get screwed on the insurance anyway so I would not worry about a few hundred quid. (not bitter at all).

Often.
Old 10-19-2001, 09:01 AM

I imported through Virgin and it was not a happy experience at all. They said it would take 21 weeks and it ended up taking 34. I've posted before about my bad experience so I will not go over that again (I'm currently in therapy). If I was starting from scratch again I would use a local dealer. You may get better service from them than I did, just depends. If you are trading in a car then be very careful, that was my major complaint with them (initial offer of ~
Old 10-19-2001, 09:38 AM

Why don't you just go and order one from a local dealer? - accept that the whole thing is a complete waste of money from start to finish - any rational approach to transportation would not have you buying an S2000 in the first place - so what is a few hundred
Old 10-19-2001, 09:42 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mikerich
[B]Why don't you just go and order one from a local dealer? - accept that the whole thing is a complete waste of money from start to finish - any rational approach to transportation would not have you buying an S2000 in the first place - so what is a few hundred
Old 10-19-2001, 05:00 PM

[B]Why don't you just go and order one from a local dealer? - accept that the whole thing is a complete waste of money from start to finish - any rational approach to transportation would not have you buying an S2000 in the first place - so what is a few hundred
Old 10-19-2001, 07:34 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by moor deybe
[B]

Agreed if you can afford to wave goodbye to over
Old 10-19-2001, 11:45 PM

[B]
True - but if your quote was the same as the starter quote i.e.

Quick Reply: 2002 Dilemma