UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

22 new cameras in Hertfordshire by 2003

Old 10-02-2002, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

Did anyone catch the news on 3 counties radio this morning re. more 'safety' cameras in Hertfordshire ? Due to the number of speed related accidents, 22 new cameras will be installed by April 2003.

Sometimes I wonder if the 'speed related' accidents differentiate between low speed & high speed related - just a thought.

Chris

ps Geri Halliwell sped in Hertfordshire
Old 10-02-2002, 01:22 PM

There was something along similar lines as the headline story in the Birmingham Evening Mail yesterday. Seemingly, all revenues resulting from speed cameras in the West Midlands from now on will be used to finance MORE speed cameras.

Jeez - anyone would think there weren't already far more speed cameras in the Midlands than you could shake a stick at
Old 10-03-2002, 03:41 AM

well i hope i get any more in the area i live.

I already have to pass two gatos on the way to work and the other two on the way home. The cheek is that they are all within 2 miles of each other and almost opposite and two are hidden behind signs out of site.

Add to that the three at the bottom of my road heading towards watford. Well i say three but one has been torched some respectable citizens.

Ever get the feeling your being watched Big brohter is out there.
Old 10-03-2002, 08:16 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by simmo
[B]Add to that the three at the bottom of my road heading towards watford. Well i say three but one has been torched some respectable citizens.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:18 AM

Is that the one near the Ovaltine factory? It always gives me a smile when I see its burnt out shell.
Yes i think it is It is right opposite the fishing lake, near the railway and bridge.

But would you risk it??? Sneaky B4ASTARDS have probably put new inerders in it and left the outside as it is, just to fool you
Old 10-03-2002, 11:35 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

There is no such thing as a speed related accident, just abused statistics.

No proper research is available.

I suppose the cameras will be located on open roads, nowhere near accident blackspots.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:42 PM

Originally posted by Nick Graves

I suppose the cameras will be located on open roads, nowhere near accident blackspots.
hear hear, the for mentioned camera's especially the burnt one are on open roads and i have rarely seen accidents at these points.
Old 10-04-2002, 02:24 AM

Well someone's been at it again last night. There is now a cycle hanging from the camera on the A414 dual carriageway in Hemel near the M1. You have to laugh thou, not that i am condoning vandalism as we all pay for it in one way or another.
Old 10-04-2002, 02:47 PM

A little story chaps. Around where I live we get positively plagued by home alarms going off for no reason at all hours.
Digression:
Months ago I rang the police (Garda) saying how abominable it was to have to listen to the incessant noise. The BS standard of a 20 minute time out is no good as often the fault has not cleared and off it goes again. Well plod quietly suggests to me that a shotgun would be a useful cure - can you imagine - the Police making that suggestion!?

A few nights ago an alarm went off (yet again) near my house. When I went out to investigate, I see a hammer on the end of what looked like a piece or GB pipe being swung at the side of the bell. The bell did not like it, emitted a sort of strangled sound and dropped dead on the ground.
So now all you gatso lovers get yourselves a long handle hammer
Old 10-04-2002, 11:11 PM

Nice idea.
Knowing my luck i would be stopped and get done for having an offensive weapon . Plus i can't think of a valid excuse for having it either.

Quick Reply: 22 new cameras in Hertfordshire by 2003