UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

55 s2000 mods/maps/tuning

Old 08-17-2018, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 55 s2000 mods/maps/tuning

Looking for information before the wallet gets thinned out, recently bought my 55 plate s2000 loving it, already lowered and with a custom exhaust fitted.

the Cat is making a horrible noise so looking to install a Hiflow cat.

reading on here that messing with too much can make the car worse? I was planning on installing a high flow cat and induction kit in the next few weeks, My questions are..... (with the risk of being told to use the search function highly annoying having a US/UK forum with contradicting information)

will this do more harm than good?
will I need to get it mapped in? is it even possible to map this in without spending £1000+ on standalone ECU? as I cant see hondata for pre 06 cars
can I just install these few mods and not worry?
I read that it can cause fueling issues etc?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by kaptainmarc; 08-17-2018 at 12:31 AM.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:57 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

If you select this forum (UK), and then click the "Search this forum" you will get results from this forum only.

There was a thread recently-ish on the same subject.

Here's an example: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-irela...-01-a-1185652/

Last edited by lovegroova; 08-17-2018 at 01:59 AM.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:16 AM

so there's no difference between a prefacelift and facelifted model regards to tuning?

thats why I started a thread so I can get answers specific to me. Seems pointless having a forum if no one starts new threads
Old 08-17-2018, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by kaptainmarc

thats why I started a thread so I can get answers specific to me. Seems pointless having a forum if no one starts new threads
This has been discussed to death on this forum. Come on, keep up, you should be using the search funtion for this!
Old 08-17-2018, 05:43 AM

Necro bumping here we come I wonder if modding has changed at all over the last 18 years
Old 08-17-2018, 06:11 AM

Should fueling not really be checked after any engine mod is made?

Keep your eyes peeled for a rolling road day at a local tuning place. You can have a quick run on the rollers for about 30 quid and they will give you some nice graphs of the data they gather from your car including an air/fuel ratio one.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was expecting 55 interesting ramblings
Anyway, to answer your questions - the s2000 couldn't care less about a hi flow bat or induction kilt. As for a map - if you want to have fun with your new car get one of Scotland
Cant comment on your suspension setup or custom exhaust as these will potentially be more problematic
Get some good rubber and a geo and try not to mess with too much until you learn the rediculously good car you just bought
Old 08-18-2018, 12:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kaptainmarc
Looking for information before the wallet gets thinned out, recently bought my 55 plate s2000 loving it, already lowered and with a custom exhaust fitted.

the Cat is making a horrible noise so looking to install a Hiflow cat.

reading on here that messing with too much can make the car worse? I was planning on installing a high flow cat and induction kit in the next few weeks, My questions are..... (with the risk of being told to use the search function highly annoying having a US/UK forum with contradicting information)

will this do more harm than good?
will I need to get it mapped in? is it even possible to map this in without spending £1000+ on standalone ECU? as I cant see hondata for pre 06 cars
can I just install these few mods and not worry?
I read that it can cause fueling issues etc?

Thanks in advance
Hondata will only work on dbw cars. According to the Hondata web site my ecu is not compatible with the Flashpro but it is, the remap made a big improvement in the way drives and I am very happy with it.
Old 08-18-2018, 12:31 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova
If you select this forum (UK), and then click the "Search this forum" you will get results from this forum only.

There was a thread recently-ish on the same subject.

Here's an example: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-irela...-01-a-1185652/
My apologies, I misunderstood your "search" comment. I thought you had used the search and had got results from UK and US, so I was trying to explain how to search UK only.

Some people have had problems with adding intake/decat/exhaust, running too rich IIRC.
Kim's car on this rolling road day was an example of that - the dyno people would not complete the dyno runs for this reason: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=116

Having said that, this sort of thing is pretty rare AFAIK.

Old 08-20-2018, 12:36 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Put the hi flow cat and intake on, it shouldnt be enough to cause engine damage,

The stock tune will allow for these mods to be put on the car but not used to there full potential might even loose a bit until you get a ecu and tune but it will run, also may need to get a extended o2 bung to stop the CEL comming on with the Cat

Hondata will work on pre DBW cars but you have to change over cam cover and trigger wheels by the time and cost for these extra bits it puts you in the bracket of AEM EMS 2

Quick Reply: 55 s2000 mods/maps/tuning