advice on meth inj - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Notices
UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

advice on meth inj

Old 08-09-2017, 03:27 PM

Default advice on meth inj

im looking for advice on meth injection to help dett and cooling on the car, i have been looking at the devils own meth kit and been talking to bruce about my car, he came up with a question that im struggling to find an answer to, he asked me if my aem v2 ecu will do this... "Can it do PWM to drive the pump?" i am guessing he means some sort of switch to progressively engage the meth to start adding it in? i have only discovered water/meth so ii am keen to give it a go, has anybody had experience with it, it seems to go down well with the chaps across the pond!

cheers all
Old 08-10-2017, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by s2kheth View Post
im looking for advice on meth injection to help dett and cooling on the car, i have been looking at the devils own meth kit and been talking to bruce about my car, he came up with a question that im struggling to find an answer to, he asked me if my aem v2 ecu will do this... "Can it do PWM to drive the pump?" i am guessing he means some sort of switch to progressively engage the meth to start adding it in? i have only discovered water/meth so ii am keen to give it a go, has anybody had experience with it, it seems to go down well with the chaps across the pond!

cheers all
Yes V2 can do custom PWM output for meth or anything for that matter. The AEM kits comes with a controller and activates at load with an adjustable pot. What they dont tell you across the pond is their temps are much higher than ours, you go through it quickly but at high meth levels it tends to eat aluminium.

What is your setup?

If NA i dont why he would suggest meth for an NA setup for boost yes but NA i question that. The IAT'S in WOT with a good intake setup are already low, and let me tell you from experience even on a boosted car meth/water at even 50/50 doesn't really yield much power, it does however dramatically drop temps.

In a nutshell overkill for NA.
The Following User Says Thank You to s2konroids For This Useful Post:
s2kheth (08-13-2017)
Old 08-11-2017, 12:56 AM

I've got Water/Meth running on my SC S2000. Not sure if it drop temps as my car keeps getting overheat on track.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:09 AM

It absolutely has a good effect on dropping temps and does so very quickly.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:24 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by s2konroids View Post
Yes V2 can do custom PWM output for meth or anything for that matter. The AEM kits comes with a controller and activates at load with an adjustable pot. What they dont tell you across the pond is their temps are much higher than ours, you go through it quickly but at high meth levels it tends to eat aluminium.

What is your setup?

If NA i dont why he would suggest meth for an NA setup for boost yes but NA i question that. The IAT'S in WOT with a good intake setup are already low, and let me tell you from experience even on a boosted car meth/water at even 50/50 doesn't really yield much power, it does however dramatically drop temps.

In a nutshell overkill for NA.
thank you..thats the straight to the point answer i was looking for!
its a turbo'd s2000, quite a big spec list on it, the car is only used for weekend useage and the very occasional track day, one of the things that came up from everybody that i spoke to is the heat management when going turbo, and boy were they right!

ive tried quite a lot of methods to try and solve it but its always running warm, from the testing of the car over the past year or two i can only do a couple or laps (5 max) at croft and i can stay on teeside for about 10-15 minute intervals, they are usually warm humid days so i guess the air isnt dense enough to yeild great power, long story short, the car is best this time of year at around 9pm onwards when the air is cooler. simple science but i'm a carpet fitter at the end of the day trying to build a weekend/track car.

i will keep an eye on eroding the aluminium, thats pretty much everything in the system
Old 08-13-2017, 11:46 AM

I've just fitted the AEM kits.

Install is here: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-forced-induction-142/official-water-methanol-injection-thread-630654/page21/

My SOS TB arrives on Tuesday so test the system finally.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by E4RTH WORM JIM View Post
I've just fitted the AEM kits.

Install is here: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-fo...630654/page21/

My SOS TB arrives on Tuesday so test the system finally.

ahhhh excellent,that will help me out quite abit when i arrives, ive seen pictures and watched many vids on facetube but not many people ive found with build threads
Old 08-13-2017, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by s2kheth View Post
thank you..thats the straight to the point answer i was looking for!
its a turbo'd s2000, quite a big spec list on it, the car is only used for weekend useage and the very occasional track day, one of the things that came up from everybody that i spoke to is the heat management when going turbo, and boy were they right!

ive tried quite a lot of methods to try and solve it but its always running warm, from the testing of the car over the past year or two i can only do a couple or laps (5 max) at croft and i can stay on teeside for about 10-15 minute intervals, they are usually warm humid days so i guess the air isnt dense enough to yeild great power, long story short, the car is best this time of year at around 9pm onwards when the air is cooler. simple science but i'm a carpet fitter at the end of the day trying to build a weekend/track car.

i will keep an eye on eroding the aluminium, thats pretty much everything in the system
Have you got a proper vented bonnet?

What power and setup are you?
Old 08-13-2017, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by s2konroids View Post
Have you got a proper vented bonnet?

What power and setup are you?
i have custom everything,

borg warner/ aet turbo, (tdi norths recommendation and cant remember the size)
mishimoto intercooler and ali rad,
tial bov
tial wastegate (sport) soon to be 44mm mvr
custom made mani and down pipe both dei titanium wrapped
ebay special intercooler pipework (not swagged ends)
oil relocation kit with in-line oil cooler
id 1000 cc injectors with pnp's
aem v2 management
egr delete
air pump delete
spoon thermostat
afr wideband gauge (not currently hooked up but has been)
boost gauge
oil temp sensor
oil pressure sensor

and thats all i can remember off the top of my head related to the engine

that made 345 hp, unsure if thats at the wheels it was a long time since i had it mapped and cant think where i put the graphs

yes i have a seibon carbon vented bonnet on without the water drip trays fitted
also two big 12 inch fans cooling it
Old 08-13-2017, 10:45 PM

I have the AEM kit with the smallest jet fitted. I think with the front mount intercooler I was seeing 20c above ambient when on boost so around 40c inlet temps on a hot day. The spray takes some of that heat away especially on a hot day. It will kill TPS sensors hence why Jim has gone for the SOS TB. I have recently binned the front mount and replaced it with a charge cooler system and its performance is great. On a sustained run through 2nd 3rd 4th I'm only seeing an increase of 6c and I've had to add alot of fuel to the map because the colder air has leaned it up. The removal of the front mount has made a huge difference to coolant and engine bay temps because a FMIC resists air flow alot more than an aftercooler water to air heat exchanger. Before I was seeing 91c and now the temps are steady all the time at 85c. It was alot of faffing about but the results have been good so far!