UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Advice on selling S2000 GT

Old 04-12-2017, 10:49 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by nomadicS2k
£9k sounds reasonable given age and mileage - the missing roof is a small issue. It's in the good tax bracket (although this is about to change I think!)

Looking through PH, it seems well priced, maybe go for £8750, but not much lower?
You need to look at the tax situation for pre 06 cars a little closer.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:56 AM

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

So currently March 06 cars are £500, pre March 06 are £245

its changing so that cars after March 2001 are taxed in emissions so this equates to £520

pre March 01's will be staying the same £245.

£180 per year is a ball ache as essentially it's the same car! but it doesn't stop people buying the "one".

Stay firm on the price, I still think it's good!
Old 04-13-2017, 12:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe £305 will be the tax price for 2001-Mar2006 cars.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GC84
GC84 Is correct
Old 04-13-2017, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think recognised enthusiast sites such as Pistonheads will get better result than Autotrader, Missing roof will have some impact but shouldn't put everyone off especially if in very good condition with good history but should be price of replacing roof below a GT of comparable age/condition.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally don't think it's overpriced if the condition is as others have mentioned. If I was in the market for a 2nd S, as the colour is the most polarising, that would be the greatest barrier.

The hardtop shouldn't be a major issue, especially for someone who's owned an S before with a hardtop and is in the camp who find the hardtop more trouble than it's worth.

I'd be more inclined to keep hold of it. I missed my first S so much that finding a similar one the second time around meant cost wasn't really an object. Even this genre of cars, let alone the S, are becoming increasingly rare. Counterargument could be that the market for these cars is thinning out too.

If you are intent on selling it, you only need ONE buyer and there'll be someone willing to pay a price you're both happy with.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:51 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I also think the price is pretty much where it should be . It's just one of those colours that someone loves or hates . When I was looking for one I didn't even look at the ads of the car in that colour , simply because I didn't like it . Hold out .. maybe drop £250 . Make sure you go somewhere to get good pics , this makes the world of difference imo .

Glwts
Old 04-25-2017, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. To be fair I bought the car only finding this one is this nick for the price so colour wasnt on my hit list to begin with. If i had to pick a colour myself i might have gone for the navy blue black or silver but the sun does bounce off this rather nice when its clean. The interior might be a bit much for some but ive seen much higher end sportscars with a similar trim combo that just seems to do a bit more than an all black interior.

ove not checked the new tax brackets myself but that was a factor on thw berlina black 06 one i test drove around the same time up for 9500. Did have its hard top though

i think ill relist for a longer term on more channels (maybe try the odd classic site where ads seem to be free) and see what pulls. Piston heads is only 11 quid for a month but cant help but think ill get the 'know-all' in the corner telling why I am wrong to list it as this or that and just waste my time as much as a newby for equal but opposite reasons.

appreciate everyones views here. Of someone doesnt like the colour they wont buy it fullstop. The GT point ill be prepared to be talked down for i guess. If i break even in the end then happy days
Old 04-26-2017, 09:55 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GC84
Correctamundo
Old 04-26-2017, 10:44 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Alphaquail
Thanks. To be fair I bought the car only finding this one is this nick for the price so colour wasnt on my hit list to begin with. If i had to pick a colour myself i might have gone for the navy blue black or silver but the sun does bounce off this rather nice when its clean. The interior might be a bit much for some but ive seen much higher end sportscars with a similar trim combo that just seems to do a bit more than an all black interior.

ove not checked the new tax brackets myself but that was a factor on thw berlina black 06 one i test drove around the same time up for 9500. Did have its hard top though

i think ill relist for a longer term on more channels (maybe try the odd classic site where ads seem to be free) and see what pulls. Piston heads is only 11 quid for a month but cant help but think ill get the 'know-all' in the corner telling why I am wrong to list it as this or that and just waste my time as much as a newby for equal but opposite reasons.

appreciate everyones views here. Of someone doesnt like the colour they wont buy it fullstop. The GT point ill be prepared to be talked down for i guess. If i break even in the end then happy days
Well for £20 you can advertise it here for months!

Also, not having the hard top is not an issue for those who drive everywhere with the roof down all year round ...except in monsoon rain...

Last edited by UK Paul; 04-26-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Advice on selling S2000 GT