UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Ah lifeshine & clay bar?

Old 04-04-2018, 07:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by richmc
Not having a go at you, lifeshine is normally "offered" as an extra for new car sales, on a second hand the car needs to be clean at the very least. I appreciate not everyone expects concourse finish on a used car, but when it's offered as an incentive to buy a used car it needs to be just as good as new car service. If you are happy with what you have got fine but as you have taken the time to post here I suspect you are a little bit narked that they have done a duff job.
if you read my original post it says; don’t have a go but after already agreeing a price they offered to lifeshine it, I think it also says it looks good - just that there is a tiny bit of contam on the car etc.
All I wanted to know was if clay barring would lift the sealer. I’ve been told it will, so I’ll leave it on for the time being.
So I’m not narked at all, they didn’t offer it as an incentive as the sale was already agreed. They did me a favour and I’m thank ful of it. Yeah it could be a little smoother if a half day was spent prepping it but let’s be reasonable. I just disagree it makes them monkeys for not clay baring a used car was all