UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Alarm

Old 06-26-2001, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm

I may be teaching people to suck eggs but I've just discovered that if you press the alarm deactivate button about 5 times in quick succession the boot pops open.
Yet another reason to love this car
Old 06-26-2001, 01:21 PM

Ah...well spotted, but read the manual....it should work if you press just twice!! doesn't always, seems somewhat perverse in deciding when to open, even drove off once with boot (trunk to you yanks) open so watch out.

If you don't start soon enough and then push the deactivator once in the car make sure you don't open the boot as well
Old 06-26-2001, 09:08 PM

I thought you had to hold the disarm button down..... At least that was what the dealer told me!

Got fed up as it didn't work reliably; the doors just kept opening.

I think the alarm in the UK is different to that elsewhere. When I collected the car I was given the original alarm fob which had a separate boot opening button. The S2K comes with the 2 button CAT-1 alarm I had fitted to the Integra.
Old 06-27-2001, 05:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The technique is:-

Disarm the alarm in the usual way but watch the lights flashing. Within 2 seconds of the last flash press the disarm button again (more flashes)and the boot pops up. I can do it every time now but drove me crackers for ages. BTW it's the same procedure exactly for arming the alarm but disarming the internal sensors if you're leaving the top down and don't want them set off by the wind.
Old 06-27-2001, 05:51 AM

The alarm system Honda Uk fitted to the car looks like a bottom shelve Cat1 alarm.
The European models all come with a 2 button key pad. The second button is for the boot. Its a real shame the honda Uk could not restore this functionality by spending a couple more pounds.
My Import got a Cat2 to 1 upgrade alarm fitted in UK. No problems yet.

At the end of the day alarms that provide fancy gadits (upgrades) are pretty much expensive.
Old 06-27-2001, 06:19 AM

Perhaps the pre-2001 Stooks don't have this feature, but my lid has a switch that turns the cabin sensors off when the lid is down. So there is no need to dis-arm them via the remote.

I thought this was on all models.

Ta,

Si
Old 06-27-2001, 07:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Simon
[B]Perhaps the pre-2001 Stooks don't have this feature, but my lid has a switch that turns the cabin sensors off when the lid is down.
Old 06-27-2001, 08:15 AM

Whilst on the subject of Alarms, has anyone seen this months autocar? The slate Honda for the S2000, their people managed to get into the vehicle and drive it away within a specified timescale. IMMSMR it was the only car in its class that they got away with.

Old 06-27-2001, 09:22 AM

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson

Despite this I'm still having difficulty with my insurers (Direct Line) accepting it as Cat1. They want to know the name and qualifications of the installers!!!
I had similar problems with my insurers.
I got the dealer to write a letter on headed paper stating that the car has a Cat 1 alarm fitted as standard. This did the trick and got me a nice refund
Old 06-27-2001, 09:51 AM

I saw a security review a few weeks back which rated the Audi TT convertable as worse than the stooker. Have to see if I can dig it up.

Have you guys considered Tracker? 96% recovery rate for all cars stolen . . .

Quick Reply: Alarm