UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Alarm problems...

Old 04-18-2007, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm problems...

Got back from 2 weeks hols on Monday. Not used the car yet - needs a good wash and the hard-top taking off (next door have had builders in doing an extension, and the Honda looks like it's been in the Sahara, hence why I re-fitted the hard top).

Came home from work today to hear the alarm going off...which is concerning. It stopped, then immediately started again, which isn't SOP, and concerned me more.

Quickly went inside, got keys and fob, tried to reset it. It wouldn't, just sat there blaring out at everyone. Went outside, still no joy. Fob wouldn't even unlock car. Used key, sat inside car and put key in ignition, turned to stop-2. Unsurprisingly the starter button didn't work, but worse the dash didn't light up at all. Alarm still screaming at all-and-sundry by this point.

So, pop bonnet, have a look...can't see any obvious way of disconnecting alarm (which is good, I guess), nor could I see the fuse for the alarm. Ears are by this point nearly bleeding, but then the alarm stops. So I try fob(s) (went back in for the spare - forgot to mention), and still nothing.

So now need to sort the battery out...a mate 20-miles away has a battery charger, or alternatively I could just call the RAC out and make them work for their fee - the no-call-out discount isn't that great anyway, and it's possibly just-about worth it to save the hour's travel and mileage.

B'll'cks! Was driving home in the Focus in the sun thinking "Nice evening to take the Honda out" too!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 weeks and the alarm was still sounding? thats impressive! Mine dies after about 6 days!

Step 1: Remove the positive cable from the battery! This should stop the alarm!

Step 2: Recharge battery, if its not dead. If it has died, and its more than 4 years old, replace it.

Step 3: With the battery charged/replaced go through the arm-disarm procedure just to make sure everything works as it should!

Step 4. Read the alarms user guide, normally there is a second disarm switch located inside the car, or even on the siren unit...