S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   Alarm woes - won't stop going off!! Help! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/alarm-woes-wont-stop-going-off-help-1186606/)

hallsy 07-19-2018 02:21 AM

Alarm woes - won't stop going off!! Help!

Hi guys, been a while since I last posted - don't get the time to post on car forums as much as I'd like these days :(

Anyway, our '53 plate, Jan 2004 facelift S200 has been garaged since some time last year, so the other day I charged the battery up and set about getting it ready to bring out of hibernation. Battery was fully charged, so hooked up - alarm goes off.

Pretty normal after a flat battery cycle, but the keyfob would not disarm it - nothing would. The car would lock/unlock via the keyfob or they key in lock, indicators would flash as normal when locking (3 times?), I could even start the car up, yet the siren is still going off (no hazards).

This had been a bit of an issue when I used the car late last year, the alarm did a similar thing after I popped the boot from the fob - but eventually it stopped!

I looked up the usual problems, but most seem to be associated with the H&P alarms. I contacted H&P who told me that my alarm was not one of theirs!! I must have the Honda accessory alarm, I have a 3 button Honda keyfob. I tried the routine for re-coding the keyfob (ignition on, then lock, off, etc four times until locks cycle, then press lock again, locks cycle) but that didn't make any difference.

By chance, yesterday, the only way I could get it to stop, was by unlocking the car with the key when the alarm stopped (it will stop briefly, then carry on again). The alarm stayed disarmed like this all night, but as soon as I enter the car, or do anything with the keyfob - the alarm will go off again!!

Does anyone know if there is a backup battery in the siren/control module for these alarms? Could anyone point me in the direction of the siren on a 2004 car? I have looked under the seat for the control module, but it is not bolted to underside of the seat. There is only a 2 core connector under drivers seat which I assume is an occupancy switch? The siren is definitely in the cabin somewhere as it is much louder inside the car than from the outside!! I removed the bonnet catch as I had heard the microswitch can give problems, but that is working fine.

Today I left the car locked and the bonnet switch disconnected (so the alarm will see it is as closed), tried again, but as before, as soon as I re-connect the battery the siren is going off, I can't even disable it unlocking with the key today!!

If anyone has any info on the facelift alarm, or has any ideas on reset procedures - it would be much appreciated!!

Nottm_S2 07-19-2018 02:28 AM

Post a pic of your fob, check under the dash near your right knee for siren

Years ago I had a car whose immobiliser failed, an auto security company removed and fitted a replacement system, you may need that

nomadicS2k 07-19-2018 05:09 AM

Usually, you can get the status of what tripped the alarm by watching how many times the red light flashes when you manage to disarm it.

Things to check
Battery in car
Battery in fob
Corroded bonnet switch
Battery terminal connections - are they loose? This happens over time.
Check the boot sensor is there is one.
Check the door light push sensors sometimes they need a little grease.

The MY02 alarm will tell you as soon as you disarm the alarm via the LED indicator what tripped it - If it is not the same try this:
Disarm the security system. Close the door. Insert the ignition key.
Within 1 second after step 2, open the door.
Within 1 second after step 3, remove the key from the ignition switch.
The status LED will flash according to the sensors tripped

1.Door
2.Boot
3.Ignition Key Switch
3.Ignition Switch
3.Battery Disconnected
4.Glass Breakage
5.Bonnet

hallsy 07-19-2018 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2 (Post 24489473)
Post a pic of your fob, check under the dash near your right knee for siren

Years ago I had a car whose immobiliser failed, an auto security company removed and fitted a replacement system, you may need that

I'll have a look under dash & kick panel. I need to get the car out of the garage so I actually have room to work on it!! Just been short of time this week!!

Once I have found the siren and disabled it, then I can fault find the system without wearing ear plugs & annoying the neighbours!!

Here is a picture of my keyfob...

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...4bbb25b331.jpg

Nottm_S2 07-19-2018 01:48 PM

Not seen a fob like that for the S2

I'd get it ripped out and replaced by a pro iiwy

mcrossley 07-19-2018 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2 (Post 24489742)

That fob is the same as my MY06

lovegroova 07-20-2018 12:10 AM

Yes, that's the "standard Honda fob" which you'll get on an MY02+ or on what was probably a grey import. In other words, no Hamilton and Palmer alarm has been/is fitted as per the original post.

My old MY02 had one of these, as well as the two H&P fobs.

It may be worth asking in the USA forums as they'll have a lot more experience with this alarm than anyone here.

richmc 07-20-2018 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2 (Post 24489742)

Just like mine!

You defiantly have a Honda alarm system. Maybe they can sort it, or give you some advice.

Honda dealers fitted them at the dealership before sale to comply with Thatcham requirements.

Booti 07-20-2018 02:49 PM

I have had exactly the same issue as the OP. Alarm will start going off for no reason and won’t stop. The car is fully drivable at the time (mine started on the motorway)
Its nothing to do with the bonnet on mine as it’s disconnected. I’m sure it’s the boot sensor that causes it. I think I finally got it to shut up by arming it with the boot open, but can’t be sure.
also I think the alarm siren is mounted under the hood panel, near the fuel filler pipe. That’s where the noise seemed to come from. The alarm box and immobiliser is under the dash near your right knee.

noodels 07-20-2018 03:16 PM

looks like my 04 fob also, but not as beaten up !!