UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Alarm wouldn't stop going off

Old 01-05-2007, 03:13 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Alarm wouldn't stop going off

Went out of the house this morning to go to work in the normal way.

Popped the boot with the remote, and unlocked the doors with the remote. Put my laptop in the boot, closed the boot and the alarm started going off.

Unlocking and relocking the car made no difference and the alarm kept stopping for a few seconds and then sounding again. During this time the car would start so the immobiliser wasn't engaged.

I reopened and closed the boot, opened and closed the drivers door, started and stopped the car, continually using the remote to lock and relock the car. Eventually, i opened and closed the passenger door, again locked and unlocked the car and the alarm stopped.

God knows what caused it as i haven't had a passenger in the car for about a week and use it daily.

Any ideas? Is this the start of an on ongoing problem or a one off?

Secondly, if anyone knows a way of disabling the alarm if it does happen again, could they PM me? I couldn't get the siren to stop sounding, and at 6.30 am this morning i've really pissed off my neighbours!
Old 01-05-2007, 03:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this a few weeks after picking up my 06. Put something in the boot, opened the door, sat down ... alarm went off.

I tried unlocking and locking while in and out of the car and then just drove it home (I was 2 minutes from home so decided to risk it despite the alarm). Got it home, went inside and came back out with my phone to check the Honda assistance number on the tax disc. When I unlocked the door this time the alarm stopped!

I've not had the problem since (5 months on) but I always make sure that when I close the boot, I wait for the red security light to flash on the dash before unlocking the doors as that's the only thing I can think of. Originally I closed the boot and went straight to the door to unlock. It's probably nothing to do with that but I'm suspicious
Old 01-05-2007, 04:29 AM

That's interesting, and sounds exactly like what happened with me. I think i pressed the open boot button, unlock car button and opened the car door in a very short space of time.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you read the alarm section in the manual for the 06
IIRC I noticed it had a few sections different to my 04 & 05 cars
Old 01-05-2007, 05:00 AM

nope. Mine's an 06 registered 05. is there a particular section i should be reading?
Old 01-05-2007, 07:27 AM

Ahh my MY06 (DBW & VSA version) had different alarm instructions IIRC.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:37 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

It's usually a dodgy microswitch.

Mind you, back a couple of wekks when my mobile was f ucked, the 'Lude's alarm went off for no reason (it wasn't set!) outside a client's pad & I couldn't turn it off either.

I finally walked away, turned 'round and yelled "shut the f uck up!!!!!", which worked.

It's been alright since.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Jan 5 2007, 07:37 PM
It's usually a dodgy microswitch.

Mind you, back a couple of wekks when my mobile was f ucked, the 'Lude's alarm went off for no reason (it wasn't set!) outside a client's pad & I couldn't turn it off either.

I finally walked away, turned 'round and yelled "shut the f uck up!!!!!", which worked.

It's been alright since.
Nick do you do all your clients at home
PS Glad you discovered the ultra secret voice control function on the alarm!
Old 01-06-2007, 02:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can also be a sign of battery going off a bit.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:17 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by mikey k,Jan 5 2007, 07:51 PM
Nick do you do all your clients at home
PS Glad you discovered the ultra secret voice control function on the alarm!

My place ot theirs, usually.

Get more privacy that way

Actually, when I had less suitable premises, I used to have branch offices in every local town.

Sadly, the culture of doing business down the pub is no longer possible, partly due to overtightened DD laws and partly since most pubs are now kindergartens/school refectories.

But it was a lot more enjoyable and a lot more conducive to creative accounting!

Quick Reply: Alarm wouldn't stop going off