UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Alignment fast road setup

Old 08-10-2018, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alignment fast road setup

Took my car in for a geo bolt check, seems ive got lucky and don’t have any rusted up ones. They didn’t have time to actually do a an alignment setup - so taking it back in next week.
The guy seemed to know his stuff, but is there a preferred fast road setup? I Don’t do many miles in it, so don’t mind a bit of extra tyre wear for some more grip
Old 08-10-2018, 01:59 PM

Received 344 Likes on 321 Posts

BTW Excessive toe wears tyres not camber
Old 08-12-2018, 07:43 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

If the suspension is standard, then a fast road set is the standard set up, the S2000 is a fast road car, ego standard is fast road car set up.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by richmc
If the suspension is standard, then a fast road set is the standard set up, the S2000 is a fast road car, ego standard is fast road car set up.
So there is no way to improve grip over the standard setup?
find that hard to believe
Old 08-12-2018, 01:08 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

A well set up S in standard form with good tyres, has more potential than most of the owners who drive them. A few lower braces can help a bit, without going to mad expense.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:07 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Oilslick

So there is no way to improve grip over the standard setup?
find that hard to believe
Pretty much, Honda designed a sports car, they had engineers who know how to do that very well, why question that? It was designed to drive like a sports car. Go on a limits day with it you will discover it's potential.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:33 AM

Received 126 Likes on 107 Posts

Pretty much, Honda designed a sports car, they had engineers who know how to do that very well, why question that? It was designed to drive like a sports car. Go on a limits day with it you will discover it's potential.
That's a pretty narrow minded way of looking at it. Honda designed it with adjustability in-built. They tried to balance the best setup for most of its buyers, which certainly wasn't a 'maximum grip' setup. It takes into account tyre wear, changing conditions etc too. They also changed the setup over several iterations, which proves no one setup is ever perfect. It is also a very personal thing, preferences are different for everyone and everyone uses their car for a different balance of purposes (track, road, cruising, shows etc). There is plenty, therefore, you can do to adjust this car to make it handle to each driver's preference.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:51 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

My advice is to use the standard settings for your model year (MY03 and previous or MY04 and afterwards) which can be found in the FAQ. Then add a bit more camber. Job done.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:09 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

Before diddling with the alignment (other than making sure it's in the OE settings) make sure you're running performance rather than all season tires. Either of the top two tiers, Extreme and Max Performance. Available tires vary by geographic market.

-- Chuck
Old 08-13-2018, 11:41 AM

why question that? Because I’d like it to be the best it can.

Quick Reply: Alignment fast road setup