UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Alpine Interface Available

Old 09-04-2001, 05:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Alpine Interface Available

I have just had a call from Alpine UK to say they have a KCE-865B interface held for me. This little box of tricks lets you install an Alpine head unit and keep the on-dash audio controls. They are (in Alpine UK's own words '...like gold-dust'). I now have mine from another source (and as detailed on another thread there is a slight configuration problem with the interface - but Alpine have a simple 'work around' (addition of a resistor to one of the wires)).

Anyone interested in getting hold of one of these let me know and I will see what I can do (cost aprox. $49)

Ian
Old 09-04-2001, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ian,

I have had one on order for 3 weeks now, how long did you have to wait for yours?
Old 09-04-2001, 07:12 AM

It took about 9 weeks (after I was initially told 24 hours!!!!)

I would be interested to hear how you get on with yours - if you do have any odd problems (like turning on the lights and the head unit muting) drop me a line - I have names and numbers for some very good, helpful people at Alpine tech. support.
Old 09-04-2001, 07:25 AM

Gods! Its just as well I did a bit of forward planning then if there is a 9 week back order time!

I'm hoping to have a CDA-7878R installed when the interface arrives so I'll let you know how I get on.
Old 09-04-2001, 07:40 AM

What's the lowest price you've been quoted for the 7878 ? I'm so tempted, but 600 quid is quite steep.

Steve
Old 09-04-2001, 07:47 AM

I've got a quote of
Old 09-04-2001, 08:01 AM

Ian,

I have an Alpine mini-disk player, don't have the nuber to hand, but think it starts with 75

If this is comptible I would definitely be interested.

Paul
Old 09-04-2001, 08:29 AM

Will this work with all Apline gear? (I'm thinking TV screen with GPS)
Old 09-04-2001, 11:34 AM

Hi,
I installed the interface to mine last November (first in the UK I think) with the Alpine tuner/ dsp controller. No problems re other wiring except the mute does not work - the mute light comes on part dimmed all the time on the S2000 display. Also, combined with the car kit (there is a Nokia S2000 adaptor also to the tunnel) there is very little space behind the dash. Another thing worth knowing is that the S2000 CD frame (bolts into mountings in the boot) has the same bolt configuration as the standard Alpine 6 disc. The Honda 6 disc, although Alpine sourced will not work with Alpine! I have a set-up of the Alpine tuner/ DSP, various amps, Honda metal CD frame with Alpine 6 disc unit. I would recommend Wentworth Car Audio who have done numerous S2000's with multi amp/ DVD set-ups etc. I also built a sub unit into the floor of the boot and relocated the tools into the spare wheel. Works a treat!!
Old 09-05-2001, 12:00 AM

Montyblue/BabyNSX

I am reasonably confident that the interface works with all relatively modern (i.e. manufactured over the last 12 months) Alpine equipment. However to be sure I would recommend calling
an Alpine dealer, quoting the head unit model number and getting them to confirm compatibility.

Let me know if you want me to get Tim Kay (Alpine Southern England Manager) to give you a call - he is (well, was until yesterday!) holding the interface for me.

Ian

Quick Reply: Alpine Interface Available